“Delicious Doughnuts ”

Ranked #2 of 3 Dessert in Anna Maria
Price range: USD 1 - USD 12
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Welcome to The Donut Experiment, where every donut is your creation! We start with a delicious, fresh-made cake donut and then you pick from our huge selection of icings and toppings. Yours can be as simple as plain or glazed or as crazy as key lime, maple bacon or Sriracha. Stop by today and begin your own experiment. We also serve premium, local roasted coffee and espresso drinks.
Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

We rented a home on Anna Maria for Mother's Day. I am local to Bradenton/Sarasota and have heard great stories about the doughnut experiment. So, on the first morning I woke up and walked over to get some doughnuts. I have to be honest and say it is a little confusing at first. Perhaps there needs to be a fun explanation board with directions. The staff were not the friendliest but they were mostly high school students working on an early Saturday morning (I don't blame them for being a little sleepy). The seating is also kinda random. The doughnuts....oh, the doughnuts were so good!! The dough was still warm and the toppings were delicious!!! I ended up ordering eight doughnuts and everyone was delightfully please when I got back to our house. On the second morning, I woke up early grabbed two doughnuts and a latte. I walked to the end of pine and enjoyed my breakfast on the beach. It was lovely :) so, could easily earn five stars with a better ambience and friendly staff.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,293)

Reviewed 15 May 2017

An indulgent delight! Donuts are handmade on the premises and served warm. You get to select your own toppings and icing, and there is a good selection. Indescribably good!!! This must be the most popular place on Anna Maria, as it is always busy. The great thing is, you still get your order very quickly, as they are very well staffed. If I gained weight during my trip, I blame the Donut Experiment! And it was worth every bite. Awesome Donuts, great staff, great service, and very reasonably priced.

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

The donuts here are freshly made to order and delicious. We even went back again after thinking of new topping combos. So best to take your time and study the order form, no need to rush, the donuts come out fast.

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

Saw families painstakingly filling out the little half-sheet order forms; taking five six seven minutes to fill it out! Forget it! Just order the first one you see.
The donuts are SO GOOD they will be gone in far less time.
We ordered a half dozen.
Our favorites were the key lime, the strawberry lemonade, the so very-fresh fruity pebbles and the plain powdered sugar (this reviewer's fave).
This is amazing: each and every donut is freshly made to order. Whichever confection you get will literally be minutes old.
Can be busy on a Saturday morning.
As you can see - GONE!

Reviewed 11 May 2017

We had heard a lot about this place, and it definitely lived up to its expectations. It was a bit crowded when we got there, but that could only be a sign that there were good donuts in store. The ordering process was very easy, and it was very cool to watch them make them in front of you. The coffee was very good and was made incredibly fast considering how many people were there. The donuts were warm, fresh, and more than we thought they would be. I would highly recommend this donut shop to everyone.