“Hidden Gem of Italian Joy”

Nonno's Italian Restaurant
Price range: USD 8 - USD 25
Description: We are a family owned & operated restaurant. We have been serving the Orlando area for over 20 years. Our guests have become part of our family, so when you enter our restaurant for the first time, you will immediately notice that this is a very friendly, family restaurant where everyone knows your name! Forget the big chains, and come try what REAL Sicilian food tastes like.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Come with an appetite. The portions are plentiful and you will want to finish once you start. Tastes like dishes I had in Italy. We started with fried Mozzarella sticks served with a light red sauce, then we enjoyed salads. The fresh bread and pesto dipping sauce kept us going until our pasta dishes arrived. I had penne bolognese, enough for dinner and take home for lunch. My friend had veggies in linguine with a light oil-based saute. We were both too full and looked longingly on the tiramisu the waitress carried past our table. Another time... The service was prompt, friendly and timely. Our tea glasses were topped off and the waitress offered us tea in to-go cups. We will be back.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Nonno's is a reliably delicious dining experience. I have never left there without feeling like I was adopted into Chef Stefano's family. Nobody cares about the quality of the food and overall experience more than he and his family who have been doing this for years in Central Florida.I love this place!

Reviewed 29 September 2018

Nonno's is a classic throwback to the old style, family oriented, neighborhood red sauce restaurants. We went there with friends who have known it for years. The menu is extensive and moderately priced. The staff is friendly and accommodating. My wife and I had the chicken cacciatore and we both thought it was excellent. Note that while this restaurant is located in a very nondescript (and somewhat empty) strip mall, that should not deter you from going there for a good meal. As Italian restaurants go in the Orlando area, we think this restaurant can compete very favorably on the quality of its food and merits a return visit on our part.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

This was the second time I had lunch there and both times the food and service was excellent. In fact, we had them cater our annual home owners meeting, and everyone raved about the food. In particular, their homemade sauce and made for them Italian sausage received the highest compliments. They aren't cheap, but you get what you pay for, and everything is made from scratch and delicious. Their meatballs are also excellent, and not made with a lot of filler. I recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a great Italian meal.

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

Just a little place in a shopping center, but great food. Steak sub was very good. My friend has eggplant and she said it was the best she had ever had.