“skip the "value" burger”
Review of Friendly's

Price range: USD 0 - USD 20
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 31 May 2017

Stopped for lunch with a friend. we were both craving a burger and remembered having had great burgers here in the past. They had a "special", burgers for 5.50. We were disappointed to get overcooked small square patty burgers. They were more like a kid's size burger. They do have their "regular" size burgers. Had we known these were not the regular burgers, we would not have ordered them. Waitress should have advised us of the difference!

Reviewed 17 April 2017

Monday-Friday breakfasts are 1/2 off which makes this place about the cheapest around. The food is good. I got the steak and cheese omelet which came out very greasy but was still good. The service is hit or miss...I have gone where the service is great (like today) then I have gone where the service is terrible. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat here, but it is good for a last minute or for a stop.

Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

I stopped in for lunch, not very crowded, but seating and service seemed a bit unorganized. The hostess seemed more concerned for her McDonald's and break then the guests. I had the Honey BBQ super melt. I love this sandwich and have it often when at Friendly's. I was rather disappointed on this visit as the presentation of the dish was sloppy and the chicken on the sandwich was only 3/4 with BBQ sauce. My 2 guests it was their first time there so I was a bit let down.

Santa did come and have lunch with his wife while we were there so that was pretty cool.

Reviewed 2 August 2015 via mobile

Newly renovated and cleaned up. Looks good. Same old Friendly's though. Fresh paint booths and lighting. Same old service that we're all familiar with.

Reviewed 13 April 2015 via mobile

I had stopped eating Friendly's because the food no longer tastes food, but in the last year I have bought half gallons of ice cream to go.

A couple of weeks ago, they finished a full renovation, so I thought I would try again. Big mistake!

I ordered the fried clam meal with fries and cole slaw. The clams were greasy, rubbery and undercooked, and the tartar sauce was simply mayonnaise! There were only a few fries and the cole slaw was swimming in mayo. Even the milkshake was awful - how can you mess up a milkshake?!?

To make matters even worse, the bathroom wasn't updated at all and just as dirty as ever.

I tried to buy ice cream on the way out but was told they only sell ice cream cakes now. So I went down the street to the grocery store and bought what I wanted for the same price. Did you know Friendly's ice cream is sold in grocery stores now?

I have no reason to eat at Friendly's again. The food is just awful and I can get their ice cream elsewhere.

Been to Friendly's? Share your experiences!