“Best Local Ice Cream”

Add it.
J Foster Ice Cream
Ranked #2 of 4 Dessert in Avon
Reviewed 30 November 2016

J Foster is the place to get ice cream if you're near Avon. There is a wide selection of both hard and soft serve ice cream in cones and cups. The ice cream is excellent and favorites sell out quickly on hot days and warm summer nights.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

Great ice cream, and a lot of flavor choices. Definitely a place to visit. My favorite is Graham Central.

Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

Ice cream that is creamy!
And the flavors are excellent--with decent prices.
Many interesting flavors to choose from.

Reviewed 29 July 2016

We have been to Simsbury and Avon locations. They are consistent.
I personally do not like their ice cream as it tastes pastey to me but folks I go with enjoy it so let's say their ice cream is good. Pricey however.
The place is filthy. Looks like they have not cleaned the floor, counters, Windows or doors all year. Very disgusting !

1  Thank Deb C
Reviewed 6 April 2016

The ice cream is very good. I've been going here since 2008, and the service has been very inconsistent. The workers aren't very educated on the ice cream, and can't answer many of the questions I have (I'm both picky and have allergies). I once saw a girl drop ice cream on the floor, clean it up with a paper towel, then continue service without washing her hands. On the other hand, I once saw a girl give an autistic boy ice cream on the house when he didn't have enough money to pay.

Personally, I think that there's a better ice cream shop elsewhere in Simsbury, and I only go to J Foster's when there's a deal or someone else wants to go there.

1  Thank Lauren A

Been to J Foster Ice Cream? Share your experiences!