“Good lunch”

Midway Restaurant & Pizza
Ranked #3 of 7 Restaurants in Ashford
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

My business group meets here once a month. The food is good and prices are reasonable. The wait staff is always friendly. Stop in if you are in the area.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

We hadn't eaten at Midway for a few years until December when we met with some friends. We found the atmosphere very pleasant and the food was very good. My wife and I agreed we'd return more often. We did return in March and enjoyed a cup of excellent clam chowder and the lobster ravioli she had was very good with enough left over to take home. However, I ordered the fried scallops with French fries, one of my favorites, and found they were tough and over cooked. I told the server who, in fairness, offered another entrée. But after the chowder and after having eaten some of the scallops, I was not ready to wait for or to start another entrée. My wife was well into her meal and the wait wouldn't have been very enjoyable. We got our bill for the dinners but no adjustment was made, which I think would have been appropriate since I'd complained and since most of my food went back to the kitchen. Perhaps a credit for an entrée for another day would have been nice. I probably should have sent the dish back or asked for a credit, but I didn't. I did write a note on the bottom of the bill, and I also sent an email to the owners which was rejected as undeliverable. I then printed the email and mailed it, but heard nothing from Midway. I went another step and found a Facebook presence for Midway and sent a private message as a last resort, still not wanting to make a public complaint. This was answered finally with the owner defending their offer of another entrée from the kitchen and with hopes that we'd return. Probably not for a long time. Basils in Stafford, CT has some of the best fried or baked scallops around and their French fries and excellent, too.

Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

Whenever I come this way I always pick up their fish & chips and gyro. Excellent. So is the Greek salad and every soup I've had there. Latest was the Italian Wedding Soup, awesome.

Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

Stopped in on a bike ride for lunch today. Nice casual lunch for 7. Good all around menu and everyone happy! Very attentive waitress.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

Most people don't like liver and onion, I DO, one of the few places I know where I can get this. They have very good N.E. Clam Chowder and pizza.