Review Highlights

Worth about one hour

Reviewed 17 August 2018
The_Don_Francisco
Denver, Colorado

All reviews changing exhibits trolley car colfax ave special exhibit worth a visit front desk mobility issues city hall interesting things plenty of parking no charge restored trailer video photos buckley information
Reviewed 22 September 2018

This free museum about Aurora's history is interesting and well-run, featuring an old trolley trailer. There are two other rooms with changing exhibits and a video about the history of Colfax Avenue. The staff is friendly and helpful if you need information about Aurora, too.

Reviewed 1 September 2018

Wrong again. Went here because my niece works at City Hall right across the crosswalk. Surpise Suprise!!!!!! they had so much interesting things to look at. Including a old trollu car that had been built on a house. Wonderful artifacts from the past. Well worth a trip.

Reviewed 24 August 2018

A small museum to be sure but it is run by some dedicated folks that are friendly and helpful. it was fun to find out some things I didn't know about Aurora, the surrounding area and the changes it's experienced over the years.

Reviewed 17 August 2018

If interested go to this free museum and learn about the history of the City of Aurora. Looks like they have one area for displays of ethnic groups that are part of Aurora. About 20% of population in Aurora were born in a country other than the USA. This time the exhibit was on San Salvador. Small gift shop and genuinely helpful staff.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Our most recent visit (last month) was for two exhibits: a great collection of artifacts and photos telling the history and service of our own Buckley Field/Buckley Air National Guard/Buckley Air Force Base; and a photo exhibit of the days of the "Great American Road Trip" along Highway 40 (Colfax Ave.), when it was full of drive-in motels and restaurants catering to a new breed of cross-country travelers from the 1930's to the 1960s. Those exhibits have packed up, but there's always another one about to take their place that will be just as interesting!

Reviewed 10 January 2018

I saw an article in a paper that the museum had a special display on the history of Buckley AFB that was going until around 3 June 2018. Since I started my Air Force career at Buckley AFB back in 1981, and finished my professional career as a DoD contractor at Buckley in 2017 I decided my wife and I would visit and check it out - our first visit.

This is located next to the police station, the library and several other buildings so there is plenty of parking, but it is probably about a 100 yard walk to the museum - a note for those with mobility issues.

There is no charge for the museum and the woman sitting at the reception desk was very pleasant, explaining the layout of the place. Basically there are about 4 rooms to visit related to the history of the area. One is related to Colfax Ave and the businesses located there over time. One is related to Aurora and how the community has evolved over time. There is another room that just has the restored trolley car. You can walk around inside the car and there are some plaques talking about the history of the car, it's restoration, etc. The last room was being used to display articles and plaques related to the history of Buckley AFB - all very informative.

The museum is not very large but very nice. We spent about an hour looking around and reading the materials. Definitely worth a visit if you are interested in this type of thing.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

I only had a short time at this Museum before I had to catch a flight out of Denver Airport but what I saw was very interesting. I particularly liked the renovated 1913 Trolley Trailer (Trolley #610) that used to run along Colfax Ave into Aurora. The photography exhibition that was showing in one of the museum's side rooms was also of great interest to me. The lady on the front desk was very helpful and accommodating. There is no entrance fee for this museum.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

We got here about a half hour before closing on a Saturday. We focused on the Aurora history rooms, but could have spent more time there. The trolley was fun for the kids to climb around in, and the the geocache we were hunting was a good incentive, as well. We'd like to return with more time to be able to also visit the special exhibit room. Plenty of parking is nice, if a bit of a walk. Someone with mobility issues may need to be dropped off closer to the door.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

I was amazed to find out so much History about the town I had moved too and also they have things that were found on parts of land I have been to see.. Great place to bring school children to learn about where they live.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

This museum may not be as large as others, but is quite the delight. The venues of exhibits varies and sure to please everyone.