“Food”

Ranked #17 of 169 Restaurants in Aspen
Price range: USD 12 - USD 12
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Recommend and definitely a place to eat good food, breakfast out was our plan and it keeps us all skiing until late lunch. Great waiting staff, eclectic collections of ski and hill stuff on the walls. Love the bear out side, own car park on site. Yum.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Aspen is notorious for high-priced places to eat. This is NOT one of them. The BBQ-centric menu is solid, tasty and well-executed at prices that give real value. The atmosphere is noisy, busy and boisterous, but for these prices a customer can put up with it.

My wife's bowl of chili was plenty large, with lots of flavor but not a lot of heat. My BBQ combo of a 1/25 rack of ribs, brisket and sausage really filled me up. The rib meat was tender and tasty, with plenty of smoke flavor. The four different BBQ sauces on the table let me try each meat with each sauce, for a wide variety of flavor, something I like when I eat BBQ. The brisket didn't seem to have a lot of smoke, but then, I'm spoiled by a friend who makes the best brisket on this planet. The sausage had plenty of black pepper in its spice blend, and "popped" when I cut it, like good sausage should.

Add in the range of local brews and sturdy wines, and this place deserves your attention when you're in Aspen.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

We stopped in here for lunch, the place is decent but extremely unclean with food all over the floors and urine all over the bathrooms. With knowing that Colorado Health Dept. does not have pass or fail in their kitchen inspections we won't be back, just from looking through the door I could see multiple red flags.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

The Hickory House is not a fancy Aspen restaurant filled with clamoring foodies and carefully plated farm to table cuisine supplemented by an extensive wine list. It is, however, a comfortable and casual restaurant offering ribs with all the fixins' as well as other good basic food. We brought our kids and their friends here for years. There's something for everyone on the menu-even vegetarians. But make no mistake, this is a rib place above all else. My husband had the rib and brisket combo #1 dinner for our last visit. The ribs were excellent, but the brisket was somewhat disappointing in comparison. So travelers, head to the Hickory House and get ready for some tasty BBQ, paper napkins and an enjoyable meal. What a nice option in Aspen especially for families. Also, we always leave with a few bottles of HH BBQ sauce to take home!

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Wouldn’t go back. Food was horrible
Our friends thought they had ordered fries with their meals and out came potato chips. If nothing else I had a really good laugh

Been to Hickory House? Share your experiences!