“Rustic feel with modern dishes”

Justice Snow's Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #24 of 171 Restaurants in Aspen
Price range: USD 0 - USD 30
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mill Street
Transit: Roaring Fork Transportation Authority provides public bus transportation to and from Aspen.
Description: Justice Snow's is the perfect combination of a hip downtown Aspen restaurant in an historic space with a landmark location in the Wheeler Opera House building, originally constructed in 1889. We serve fresh, creative food, handcrafted cocktails, and incredible, affordable wines in an imitable atmosphere. Lunch and dinner menus at Justice Snow's are developed seasonally. The menus feature inventive dishes that focus on locally sourced ingredients. Weekend brunch offers sweet and savory dishes with unexpected twists. The bar at Justice Snow's serves up hand-crafted cocktails made with rare spirits, fresh components, and limitless creativity. While we have the most extensive cocktail program west of the Mississippi, our incredible bar staff welcomes the opportunity to custom-craft drinks to suit our guests' personal tastes.
Reviewed 27 September 2017

We came in for Dinner on a weeknight and had good service and enjoyed our food. The scallops were great, and I know this is Aspen, but come on....$19 for a plate with 2 scallops and some sauce on it?
The halibut on the other hand was a decent value for the price tag.
Meal with tip was $70 for 2 dishes, 2 waters, and a side of mac-n-cheese. A bit pricey for my tastes but I have had worse for more.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

On arrival at the bar after 22hrs travelling from England for the 50th annual Ruggerfest, We initially struggled for acknowledgement from the bar man. We then approached a gentleman who was clearing the tables to find out whether it was table or bar service. He advised that table service had finished (10pm or thereabouts). I asked whether there was a beer menu. We were told that the barman would help. I asked the barman what beers were available and he gave me a beer menu, we then walked out. Never again!!!

1  Thank Legmeister
Reviewed 20 September 2017

Justice Snow's appeared to be going through a bit of an identity crisis when we were there (which is reflected in yelp reviews too). I've always remembered it as a wonderful, "old west revival" themed bar. They have really good cocktails and classics. However, they've become really strict about coming just for drinks during dinner hours - they turned several parties away who wanted to sit down because they weren't planning to order food. Hopefully this issue gets resolved soon - it's an Aspen classic as far as I'm concerned!

Reviewed 19 September 2017

After hiking at Maroon Bells, we were in need of some lunch and decided to try Justice Snow's. I am happy we did! Our server was very friendly and the service was fast! Their burger was really good and the sweet potato fries are a must! The cocktails were very refreshing as well. Definitely a must try spot in Aspen.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

How do I begin to explain all the areas of excellence at Justice Snow's. The menu, wide variety of options, I think between the 6 of us sharing and tasting over lunch And dinner (another night) We tried just about everything.
It was all super, seriously, don't think I could pick a favorite. Their house red, white and rose' were outstanding. They serve a local vodka, great local beer's and an awesome selection of tequilla!.
The location is right smack in the middle of the best of Aspen. Looking up at the majestic mountains, watching the water fountains dance, the people stroll, and two events with "bears in the trees". Its part of the Historic Aspen Opera House, and the bar/restaurant details are true 1800's
Lots of locals, plenty of true followers from out of town...
Just all around great place.
But!!!
If you don't get a hug from Kiley or Marco, and foodie tid-bits from Andre, you haven't truly settled in to the true Aspen hospitality. Its the food, the atmosphere, the caring family....
its tops on my list in Aspen