“Great Thai this Side of Bangkok”
Review of Siam Palace - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Siam Palace
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Well, start by disregarding the poor review about "fecal matter." When I think of fecal matter in my food, I think of a meal I had in Vietnam, but that's for another review... In this case, the reviewer had a problem with shrimp that wasn't deveined properly. Could happen to anyone, so don't let it stop you from dining here!

Start with the Spring Roll appetizers, and graduate to Pad See Ew or my favorite, Pad Thai with shrimp. Very reasonably priced, and served in a pretty setting by very friendly waitstaff.

Located across the street from APU on the southside, it is tucked in a strip mall not easily seen from the highway. Make the effort to head over for reasonably priced, delicious Thai food. You won't be disappointed!

1  Thank AdventurePoser

Reviewed 30 March 2010

Be sure to rush in if you like fecal matter in your food! I had the most disgusting dining experience I have ever had here at Siam Palace, I ordered delivery and had eatin here once before and remembered the food being nothing special but they delivered so I went with them. I got shrimp pad Thai , fried calamari, and shrimp tempura. Food came fairly quick (20-30 min). We sat down to eat and first off disappointment with the fried calamari. The tempura closest to the calamari was still doughy. Ok on to tasting the next dish pad Thai ..BLAND. Lastly my girlfriend was eating the shrimp tempura and finds that it was never cleaned! She bit into a large uncleaned shrimp and ate poop!!! We immediately stopped both sick to our stomachs and called to talk to management. The women on the phone said there was no manager available. So we told her our issue her answer "Oh yes sometimes that happens" . WHAT! We kindly said we needed to speak to a manager which then turned into them being in Thailand for the next few months. She offered a comp on our next order of shrimp tempura. LOL what a joke as if we would ever eat at this place after the experience let alone them telling us they don't clean all the shrimps. Finally after getting upset and telling her if she wont help us we would let the health department know that they think serving a side of fecal matter is acceptable we were able to get a full refund. We returned everything we ordered with only a few bites missing and the shrimp that started it all. This place is not the cheapest, in no way the best or even good so I don't get all the good reviews???? I will never eat here again.

Reviewed 1 November 2008

We used to go to a place in Hollywood- about 30 miles away from home. Great place for Thai.
One day we saw this place behind the burger place- and chose to try it.... WOW. We were surprised.
Taste wise- on par to the Hollywood locale. We have not visited the Hollywood locale since.
This place is close to home and the food tastes GREAT.
Portions are nice, price is right.
The restaurant is clean, nicely kept, and quiet.
We always get the golden bags, the spicy fried rice and the typical favs.
If you want good food, a quiet atmosphere, and nice service- try them out.

1  Thank rbar70
Reviewed 8 March 2008

We were just passing through on the way to the mountains, and our GPS led us to Siam Palace for lunch. I have eaten at many Thai restaurants, and this is truly one of the best. Nice place. Nice mountain view out the window. Nice service. Excellent food. I had chicken with cashew nut, made medium spicy. It had a wonderful oyster sauce. My friend had a spicy scallop dish in a similar sauce, it was even better. The salad with the lunch special had a unique sauce too.

Highly recommended!

1  Thank Scott B
Reviewed 22 February 2007

I go to the Siam Palace on a regular basis. It's near the corner of Route 66 and Citrus Avenue in Azusa, partly hidden behind B Man's Teriyaki. It's beautifully decorated. There is a private room available for small parties. I highly recommend the Pad Thai, Pad woon sen, hot and sour noodle soup, garden salad, and chicken satay. You can have dishes made mild if you don't like hot spices. They are very quick and friendly. Take your family and friends; they will love it too.

2  Thank caltravelgal