Aurora Hotel
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
Catalina Island Inn(Avalon)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrooftop deckcontinental breakfastfrosted glassjunior suitecouples massageboutique hotelsmall balconysteep hillview of the bayenjoy the viewthe main streetcatalina islandstandard roomhard boiled eggscoffee makervery nice hotelsteamers
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Enjoyed room 213 with a view of Avalon Harbor and the village. The room was small but very well apponted with all you'd need. However, this room is on the corner of the building and a main street goes right by. Traffick until 8pm ish was disturbing as was the morning 7am traffick of golf carts,ect. I'm sure an alternate roon would be just fine as I'm a light sleeper.

Room Tip: Go to Catilina express web site for package deals of boat,room and taxi. Optional spa deals too!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sendlog
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I bought the couple special for my boyfriend and I which included the hot towels, hot stones, clay mask, door talent, facial, and body scrub. All was for only $275 dollars. 90 minutes of pure bliss. Melinda's hands were amazing. The whole experience was great. Great customer service.

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 6 April 2012

This review is late - we had our fabulous Catalina vacation back in December, but I'm just not getting around to our rave review. The staff were very professional and interested in making our stay as pleasant as possible. Our room was a bit small, but the view was nice and we loved the rooftop balcony. My only complaint (and it is a small one) is that the bathroom was a bit cramped, but the bed was comfortable and the hotel was nicely decorated. The breakfast wasn't bad either, although we certainly preferred going to one of the great waffle places in the city. We felt like we got a good deal for our dollar.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2012

My husband and I stayed three nights for our 15th wedding anniversary. Diana, the hotel manager made special arrangements for us prior to arriving and created a package just for us, including boat rides to and from the hotel, taxi service and a beautiful junior suite. The hotel was immaculate as was the room. Staff was friendly and helpful with any questions or needs we had. The top lounge was wonderful and well furnished complete with a gorgeous view of the ocean. We enjoyed continental breakfast every morning and complimentary snacks, coffee, tea and fresh fruit was available everyday. I cannot say enough about the room and service. It made for a very special experience. I will return in the fall with my son for his 18th birthday and there is no other place I would stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kim W
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I just returned from a week long stay at the Aurora Hotel and Spa and I have quite a bit to say.

I could go on about the lovely modern room decorations and newly renovated hotel that give you the feel of being in a high end resort perched on a small incline just above the crystal clear ocean and the main port with all of its quaint little shops and restaurants or I could go on and on about the fantastic massages that we had from our friendly and sweet expert massage therapists. I could even tell you all about the bed and breakfast, small hotel feel that the Aurora manages to maintain with the morning continental and friendly staff in spite of the larger resort feel. But discussing all of these great things about the Aurora would not do justice to what sets this lovely bed and breakfast apart from any other hotel I've ever had the pleasure of patronizing and that is the wonderful people. Without exception, from the house keeping crew to the hotel owners, who frequently are on site at the hotel, everyone associated with the Aurora Hotel and Spa. This was literally one of my most enjoyable vacations ever, even though I've traveled the world, and a huge part of that was the wonderful people at the Aurora.

Thanks Guys for everything.

Kenneth

Room Tip: The general rooms are very nice and very nicely decorated and well kept. The suites however are amazing.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple