“Prices have skyrocketed!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 8 December 2017

I like to drive up to Auburn and get chicken pot pies at ikeda’s.
But yesterday while shopping there I was shocked at the prices for other food items. A small piece of salmon no more than 8 oz was $16! Meats are also way up there. Now to be fair these aren’t second choices. I can see a buck or so premium since it is a small store off of highway 80. Many people stop here on way to ski the Sierras.
The restaurant is fine but also a bit pricey. I like this store and realize it’s almost 2018 but they are starting to be a no go for me.

Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

First time visiting Ikeda's and it did not disappoint. I ordered the crab sandwich and it was the best that I've ever had: Full of meat and a buttery toasted roll(no need of additional condiments).
My mom enjoyed her tasty burger. The truffle parmesan fries were a bit disappointing: they were soggy and lukewarm.
I ordered the Chocolate Truffle Cream Pie and it was HEAVEN to my palette! I've cut it in half so that I can enjoy it for more than a day. It's one of those desserts that leaves you with a unexplained feeling of sadness once the last bite is gone.
I would legit drive in the 1.5 hour traffic just for a slice.
Don't let the long lines deter you. This place gets packed, but the service is fast and excellent!

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

We visited per friends’ recommendations. I had a wagyu burger and Parmesan & truffle fries. The burger was good, but not as moist as I’d like. My hubby got a bacon-burger rating it was 4/5. He also had a blended root beer milkshake which was a 5/5. I had a chocolate cream pie which was yummy, but a bit too sweet for me. On Sunday at 12:30pm it was packed out with no seating, so plan accordingly.

The attached grocery store has lots of organic & homemade jellies, jams, pies, olive oils, wines, produce, etc.

We got our friends a Dutch apple pie which they seemed to enjoy.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Hubby and have been going to Ikeda’s for over 35 years! It’s has, by far, the best burgers and onion rings in the Auburn area. Their other food is very tasty as well and great quality. I guess that’s why they call it Tasty Burger! Oh, and the house-made pies are wonderful! One can buy them by the slice or get a whole pie at the adjacent shop and fruit stand. This place is no secret as evidenced by the crowds, especially on weekends and holidays given it’s location along I-80, but the food is certainly worth the wait. And no doubt, you’ll be able to find snacks and foods at the shop that you didn’t know you needed.

Reviewed 27 October 2017

Traveling out of town from the Bay Area, we've stopped at Ikeda's several times before and were not disappointed on this trip. The burgers were delicious and we treated ourselves to well-done, sweet potato fries. In a world of franchise hamburger places, we are pleased to support unique local restaurants when they're worth writing about.