“My favorite Mexican restaurant for years now”
Review of El Agave Taqueria

El Agave Taqueria
Ranked #62 of 175 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 7 September 2017

I live a few towns over, but it is worth the drive even if only for take-out. Always authentic, always delicious, always friendly, always something new to try! The interior decor is also quite entertaining and fun. You should go - like now

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

It took nearly an hour to get served our meal and then it arrived only warm, not hot. My wife ordered a ground beef enchilada and a shredded beef was served. My pork was listed as a speciality of the house but it too was not hot and was rather dry. The tortillas were so pasty they they all stuck together. Best to find another place to eat.

Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

My family and I love this restaurant. I moved up from So Cal and have high standards for authentic Mexican Cuisine. Not only is the food delicious, the owners and employees treat us like family. Try the Camerone Diablo, or just a shrimp quesadilla.

Reviewed 16 September 2016

El Agave was very authentic food and excellent service. While the location in a strip mall is nothing exciting, the food more than makes up for it. They have a small selection of beers and wine too.

Reviewed 18 July 2016

Great place, really nice people. We ordered the guacamole to have with our chips/nachos just because they brought it out as a suggestion [nice sell tactic, by the way]. It was AWESOME. There were actual groans coming from our table! The food was generous and very yummy. This is on my "if I am within 50 miles" stop off from now on.