“Pristine rooms” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Atascadero
Costa Mesa, CA
“Pristine rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

We were pleasantly surprised by this Best Western. I've had other good experiences at Best Westerns along the California coast before, and this hotels exceeded my expectations, as well. My room was modern, very large, and extremely clean. It's well located near the freeway and Paso Robles is also just a few miles away! I would definitely stay here again... hassle free, safe and comfortable! Great job to the staff that keeps this place so nice.

Room Tip: Ask for an oversized room!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Robin E, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Colony Inn, responded to this review, 25 September 2012
Thank you very much for taking time to comment on your stay with us! Your feedback is very much appreciated. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay so much! We do hope that you will return to visit us again in the near future.

Robin Ewing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Roma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

The staff was extremely kind. We received excellent chocolate cookies on our arrival. The room was huge and comfortable. Breakfast included the possibility of cooking waffles, which we really enjoyed. The location was perfect to visit Atascadero and Paso Robles. The nature and surroundings were impressive. I would definetely recommend this place to anyone visiting the region.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Robin E, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Colony Inn, responded to this review, 31 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. Your feedback is very much appreciated! We do hope that you will return to visit us again.

Cleveland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

This is a good place, plain and simple; a reasonably-priced place to rest your head after a hard day(!) of wine tasting.
I paid $90 a night for two nights which - while more expensive than the Motel 6s in any given direction - is still a good deal.
This doesn't seem like a "budget" motel at all: There is a decent breakfast included, the rooms were comfortable, the A/C ran like a champ, and you have access to a very well-equipped fitness center next door...for free. For a workout freak like me, this was awesome. Also, the bedding was especially plush.
The service was great. When I checked in, I wasn't real impressed: I got two bottles of lotion but no shampoo. And there was a pretty big hair left by a previous guest on the tub sill. I called the front desk and told her about it - more that I needed shampoo - but did report my unwelcome "guest" in the bathtub.
Now, this is where this place becomes great: The desk clerk first offered to move me to a different room; when I declined, she sprinted to my room with a warm chocolate chip cookie, a bottle of water, and several bottles of shampoo. She offered to CLEAN the bathroom for me, but I declined. I did sheepishly show her the hair, to which she got wide-eyed, grabbed some toilet paper, swiped it up, and apologized again. I was really impressed.
Now, if all you are going to gather from this review that one hair made it past the cleaning staff, you are missing the point: accidents happen. But this woman - evening desk clerk with blonde hair and glasses - swooped in and made it right. Trust me: You are NOT going to get this kind of service at many hotels no matter what the price point is.
Kudos, Best Western Atascadero: I will see you on my next visit. You have definitely earned my hard-earned tourist dollars!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank kabbagehead
Reading your review brought a tear to my eye. I am so very pleased my staff was so courteous and helpul. I am very truly sorry for the inconveniences you did experience. Thank you so very much for taking the time to comment on your stay. Without your feedback, we wouldn't know how to make our guests experience superior!

We hope that you will visit us again in the very near furture.

Orange County, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

If you're wanting to do a combination Santa Ynez wine country/Monterey coastal weekend, BW Colony Inn is a perfect stayover. As a "plus" BW property, The Colony Inn fulfills all the BW Plus criteria: quality beds/bed linens, high standard of cleanliness, well-appointed rooms with tasteful decor and attractive grounds (modest landscaping in this case but with beautiful native plants).
The staff was welcoming, friendly and helpful; a freshly baked cookie at check-in and as a platinum BW member we were given bottled water and a little bag of trail mix (a nice touch, especially for travelers on a road trip :) The entire property was very peaceful--even the pool and jacuzzi areas were mellow: in good use with several adults and one family but the general calm of the property seemed to carry over to the way guests behaved--laughter but quiet voices. Terrific hot and cold complimentary breakfast buffet (a good range of cereals, pastries, waffles, scrambled eggs and both bacon and sausage--I'm not a breakfast meat person myself but others seemed to really appreciate this--and juices, yogurts, etc). Instead of a small fitness room onsite, the Colony Inn offers guest passes to an outstanding gym next door: very short walk, convenient and easy, and its a full-range gym with great equipment (everything!) and an olympic-size pool. Our whole stay (late afternoon-mid-morning) was relaxed and almost like staying at a spa but for a very reasonable price: perfect way to catch up after wine tasting and we left refreshed and ready for our day in Monterey. Atascadero also has a small but interesting downtown and we had a fabulous dinner at Colby Jack restaurant in the historic Carleton Hotel. Lovely overall and I will be back!

Room Tip: If you're interested in using the hotel pool/patio area, you can/should get a downstairs room wi...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Robin E, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Colony Inn, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
What a wonderful review! Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay. You have genuinely captured the essence of our hotel and staff. I will pass along your lovely comments to everyone. Thank you again, and we look forward to serving you in the future!

Winter Haven, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

The property is located well, in Atascadero and decorated very nicely. I had an inside room overlooking the pool, so it was nice and quiet. They have a self serve breakfast with the usually things, waffles, eggs & sausage, choice of cereal, raisin bread, bagels, muffins and of course juice and coffee. The rooms had a small overstuffed chair and a desk and chair plus a refrigerator and microwave. A good choice while you are in the area. I stayed 5 nights.

Room Tip: The outside rooms can be a little more noise because of car parking. I preferred the inside room ove...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Robin E, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Colony Inn, responded to this review, 20 August 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay. We are happy to hear it was so nice! I will pass along all of your lovely comments.

I hope you will return to see us again.

Robin Ewing
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atascadero
2.0 km away
9.8 km away
La Bellasera Hotel and Suites
La Bellasera Hotel and Suites
#9 of 18 in Paso Robles

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Colony Inn? Share your experiences!