See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Seedy motel but conveniently located, however that didn't compensate for the bedbugs. Jumped into bed too late (after reception closed at midnight) to move rooms. Reception didn't open until 11am, well after I departed, so I couldn't even mention it to them. Hence the review.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Ruth S
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

The hotel is older but seems clean. My only complaint is the sink was plugged up and the toilet flush valve is leaking causing the water to run intermittently during the night. Tv remote needs new batteries but does work.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 July 2017

Stayed one night and was very disappointed in the condition of the motel. I had stayed here several times a number of years ago, and the motel has certainly deteriorated since. The room turned out to be adequate and generally clean, but the property as a whole gave the impression that maintenance has been deferred for some time. There was also garbage and other items strewn about the parking lot. Our first (and only) contact with staff was a bit off-putting. We arrived around 6:30 pm to find no one at the front desk. After waiting for what seemed like several minutes, a clerk finally emerged from an adjoining room and mentioned that she had fallen asleep. No apology was offered for the wait. The only plus for the property is probably its central location within walking distance of the HSU campus as well as to shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the east side, as the freeway is immediately behind the building.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank DavePortland
Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

This was the worst stay in a hotel I have ever had. Just walking into the room should have immediately know something was bad do to the fact that there were ashes on the top of the heater. Then to my surprise as I lay on the bed with my husband our door was opened by a women who was going to walk in like she was still checked in or to clean the room. Then as the night went on I found a fun under the bed . Pulling back the bed spred to find my bed didn't even have fresh linen on it. I don't know what kind of hotel dosnt put fresh linen on the bed between customers. That's just unsanitary and descusting....... Not a place I would ever tell a family or friend to stay. Then the manager wouldn't even give me a dicount or anything to make it at least a good dollar spent very disappointed.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Danial P
FairwindsManagement, Manager at Fairwinds Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2017

This review is from someone who came to our office after checkout time the next morning demanding some discount because of what she said in the review. As far as we know she was not even the person who check in (it was a guy), and the fact that she didn't even say a word until the checkout time the next morning was a little suspicious. Beside that, there are multiple guests coming in and out the room during the day she stayed there, which complicate the situation.
Lastly, we ALWAYS replace the sheets and/or wash the blankets every time a customer checkout as a standard procedure, so we know that the complain about fresh linen etc. is not reliable.

Reviewed 23 June 2016

Without doubt, the worst motel I've ever stayed in.
A disgusting, dirty room stinking of smoke and with mould and damp all over one wall. We booked on line and thought it would be OK - big mistake. If we hadn't arrived at 5:30 after a long day on the road, we'd have written off the money it cost and tried to find somewhere else but we had to stay.
The toilet was broken and flushed constantly, the wallpaper was hanging off one wall with mould all over it, the ancient through wall gas heater was stuck on (in 75 degree July heat) and you wouldn't have washed your dog in the shower.
And to cap it all, there were some permanent 'residents' smoking skunk and coughing fit to bring up their lungs all night and morning.
Honestly, it was like something out of a horror movie...

Room Tip: Just don't - sleep in your car instead.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple