See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 October 2018

This was one of the worst motels I have stayed in. The bath towels were so thin, it felt like Brillo, when I was trying to dry, after a shower. There were only two coffee paper cups and no drinking cups. The complimentary Breakfast was a laugh. The coffee was like water. Never again!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2018

Went from place to place and finally decided on the Red Roof Inn. We've stayed in them before but definately picked the wrong one this time. The foyer looked great BUT as we walked to our room and lugged our suitcases up a flight of stairs to the 2nd floor, the carpet was VERY dirty and the smell of animals was quite strong. Got in our room (we booked 2 rooms since we had friends with us). BOTH rooms stank of cigarette smoke even though it was a non smoking room. They DID change us to an other room just down the hall. At least we didn't get the smoke smell but it wasn't all that clean and the bath towels were so small and threadbare it was disguisting. The breakfast room the next day was OK though and had the normal continental choice of food. At 8:30 though there wasn't much left to choose from.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 September 2018

My wife booked a family stay at the Arcata Red Roof Inn through a third part site this last June. We asked for adjoining rooms since we have young children. When we got there, the clerk said he could not help us. He said he had no adjoining rooms and the best he could do was rooms on other sides of the building on the same floor. Since we had no choice, I took it, and paid for the stay, but when we saw the rooms, we changed our minds. The rooms looked clean, but had not been updated in a long time. The entire hotel smelled strongly of smoke and marijuana. A suspicious looking person was wandering around in the courtyard. The hotel did not seem maintained. Caution tape was wrapped around the spa. We went back to clerk and asked for a refund. He said he could not help us. What made us angry was that he rented the adjoining room we had asked for to the people who arrived after we did. We ended up going across the street to a different hotel. At home I discovered Red Roof had charged us once when we reserved the rooms and again when we checked in. So far, nothing on their end. I am never staying at a Red Roof Inn again. What a headache.

Room Tip: The area around the hotel seems high in crime.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2018

The front desk staff Mat is very courteous and kind to me. Mat explained the check in process professional and is very helpful with information of the area . Mat was very professional and has manger skills and works well with others. what whatever he chooses to do in the future he will be successful
Carolyn

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
RedR332, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Arcata, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We appreciate your response and hope to see you again and offer you an out standing service.
Thank you.
Ushma Arya.

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

After reading the reviews for this place I'll admit, I was nervous to stay here. However, I believe it is now under new management.

We were very disappointed that the pool was out of order and there was no breakfast. We we're not subsided for this, even though we had booked the hotel expecting these facilities.

The hotel was relatively clean - nothing to shout about. Staff were very friendly though.

For a one night stop over it'll do. I couldn't have stayed any longer.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple