“Wife's Birthday”
Review of The Derby

The Derby
Reserve with OpenTable
The Derby is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 271 Restaurants in Arcadia
Price range: USD 20 - USD 35
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 2nd Ave
Reviewed 15 November 2018

The Derby has been our favorite place, especially for special events, for many years. We now live in Arizona and make sure that we visit The Derby during every trip to Southern California. In addition to the outstanding food the staff always goes above and beyond to provide excellent service. In particular, the Manager, Jerlynn Ozuma, is the ultimate professional. She goes out of her way to be kind, patient and considerate. She made our most recent visit very memorable. Thank you Jerlynn.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 9 November 2018 via mobile

Neat place. Old school decor. Good food, reasonable prices, good service. Would definitely go again.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 28 October 2018

We basically went to The Derby Bar in Arcadia as I remembered going there a couple of years ago and really enjoying the visit, and also because one of my best friends, who lives in Scotland, owns a string of horses and we thought that we would be able to take some appropriate photographs. The Derby is now much smarter than I remember and I felt had lost character. It is also now basically a restaurant and we only went there for a drink. However it was fine, even if not as I remembered.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

We just left and had great food and drinks. The shrimp appetizer was great and the chef made the bruschetta special without the vinegar. Perfect. The calamari was outstanding. The discouraging part of the evening was that three tables near us all were receiving complimentary dishes for some reason. If they are going to do that perhaps they should do it a bit more discreetly. For four drinks and three happy hour appetizers we still paid a hefty price. We like to go here when I come in to visit my daughter because it has a special atmosphere and is close to her home. This time just made us feel a bit unwelcome. We will go again next time I return but hopefully there will not be so many of their “special” patrons there.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 17 October 2018

Had dinner with a group of friends in May. The Derby was right next to Embassy Suites where we stayed., so it was literally around the corner.
The Filet I had - medium - was outstanding, and so was the salad and cheesecake. My friends had Prime rib, Sirloin, and Salmon and loved it. The service was friendly and at a good pace.

Date of visit: May 2018