“Great service okay food”

Paco's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 242 Restaurants in Arcadia
Price range: USD 10 - USD 20
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Our team of enthusiastic employees make the special difference you enjoy when you dine at Paco's Mexican Restaurant! Many of our team members have been serving customers since the 1980's here in the same location. Our dedicated, friendly team works hard daily to bring you the freshest ingredients, most flavorful Mexican cuisine and friendliest service anywhere north of the border!
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

When I normally stay in Arcadia, I hit my favorite sushi restaurant. This time I decided to start my stay with Mexican food. A search of google suggested Paco's for the best taco's in town.

Don't trust google.

The test, according to my wife, of a Mexican restaurant is the tamale. For me it is comes down to the rice and beans. I know it sounds strange, but for me it is about the care a restaurant puts into its sides, the stuff that rounds out a meal.

Well, the tamale was dry. What you could taste was the green sauce. The pork was dry and bland.

The rice was lite and fluffy and the beans were pinto beans, not dry or soupy refried. I liked the rice the most of my dinner.

The taco's were okay, a lot of meat on a small street style tortilla. They were brought down by their salsa, which was spicy but bitter.

The basic margarita's were good. Enough that I had two, which is unusual for me. That explains the hopping bar area.

The staff was very friendly and very attentive, without being pushy. They offered chips when I ran out, but I turned them down, too greasy for me.

The decor was nice, classic old school Mexican. It was nice.

Overall, I would say it was okay tourist-y Mexican. I doubt I would be back except for the bar.

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

We have gone many times to Paco'sTacos. The kids love the old school PAC-Man in the waiting area and chips while you wait. My husband and I love delicious food, good drinks, good prices, and a chance to escape doing the dishes.

If you happen to be in the area and need a bite to eat, give them a try!

Sunday brunch is also delicious and has bottomless mimosas.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

We have been going to Pacos' in Arcadia for decades and it has maintain its quality for all that time .
The portions are monstrous , the chips are fresh and the salsa is so flavorful .
When we want to go to dinner on the spur of the moment, this is our place!

Reviewed 6 March 2017

The restaurant is festive Mexican. Our waitress was attentive. The margaritas were great. The disappointment was the food. Our meals, a huge burrito and a crab enchilada, were both subpar and overpriced. Too bad, Paco's is not a keeper for us.

2  Thank Don & Carolyn S
Reviewed 2 March 2017

Breakfast was really good and inexpensive. The service was good as well. Happy Hour is fun to meet new people as it is often busy but you may not find a place to sit. They do have an outdoor patio.

1  Thank tek4aek