“Great family experience”

Rodz Grille
Ranked #9 of 27 Restaurants in Angels Camp
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 12 May 2012

We stopped off on our way back from skiing in Bear Valley. We were 2 families with 4 kids between us. They had no problem seating our large party. I was a little worried about taking a shot on this restaurant but was wonderfully surprised. They have a huge menu.

I thoroughly enjoyed the fried chicken. I'm still dreaming about it. My buddy had breakfast. Beware, the portion sizes are big. My son's hot dog was huge. I even finished it off with a blueberry.

The best part was our waitress. She was so sweet. My daughter left her jacket there and she ran across the street to the Mark Twain Museum where we were visiting and gave it to us.

It was such a wonderful visit, we drove back from the Bay Area the following weekend to have lunch there again and spend more time at the Mark Twain Museum.

Reviewed 1 January 2012

It was great. All kids and wife were happy including myself. Great service.

Reviewed 12 September 2011

Typical family diner. Our food was good, waitresses were pleasant and tried to be accomodating, but getting our food took forever!
Not many choices in Angels Camp, but if in the area again, I'd try someplace else.

Reviewed 18 January 2011

This place is a good diner type eatery if you need a low hassle, kid friendly place to go while staying in the area. Obviously locals eat there. I had the chicken fried steak which was good and filling. They were very accommodating to my 3.5 year old son and had plenty of coloring books to keep in occupied. This was nice after 4 hours on the road with him. Also, they served Breakfast all day.
The salad bar was pretty basic, not like some whole foods thing so dont get your hopes up.
Bill for 3 people was $32. Not bad.

Reviewed 21 July 2010

There aren't too many choices in Angels Camp.
We decided to try Rodz Grille. Three of us ordered all you can eat at the salad bar.
Salad bar was great, price very resonable (about 9$). One of us ordered spaghetti, they were just average. Staff was friendly.
This is a basic American diner, nothing special.
However, if you like salad - that's your place.