We are a couple 45/55 and a friend and her 6yr, old son
We stayed 4 nights and paid $140+tax per night. This hotel is1.86ml to disney and behind a plaza with a Denny's bank Starbucks and a Mexican place. It is hard to see this hotel from the street. It is 2 detached buildings with a small pool and parking is free and plentiful. The train runs right beyond the parking lot so you hear it and see it. I like that but some may hate it.
check -in---we arrived at 9pm and were greated by a nice young guy and check in took 2minutes. we were in the other building 4th floor. The building is a rectangle and it had, 2 entrance doors but only one elevator? so we had to walk the whole hall to get to our room. There wre no luggage carts, or at least they were not where they were supposed to be which made this difficult.
The room--this is very condo feeling. We had a gally kitchen with was lightly stocked. Ice is way down on 1st floor., but you have a freezer so you dont go often. small living room with a sofa and table with 2 chairs. furniture is dorm roomish and dated and getting worn. Each bedroom had a dresser and closet and nightstands and a flat screen tv. There is a laundry basket and iron and board. There is no safe. Ive complained to Marriott about this with other properties and i dont get why they dont put safes in rooms? Ok the bad new is the BED. We travel all over all the time and this bed ranked the worst next to Cancun and rocks they call beds. In one night we both had stiff necks and aching backs...absolutly the worst ever. Equally bad was the tiny bathroom situation. The small sink was in a seperate room and there wasn't counter space and a small towel rack, not even a shelf. Then the toilet and tub were in the next room and you can barely get in and shut the door...a heavy person would hate it. The shower was old and the bottom damaged and frankly it had a dirt ring inside NOT CLEAN. I put on socks and walked around the carpet and in less than 10 they were black. Dirtier than if i walked in socks in my house all day long. They need to steam clean.
what else was poor??? housekeeping didnt get to our room by 5pm day one and we wanted to shower and nap so we never got housekeeping at all that day.
Breakfast is in quotes, more like a hold over. Not enough to fuel you or kids for a morning in the park. dry cereal, yogart, dry bagels and english muffins, juice machine and coffee--thats all.
check out--a nigtmare.
we held the room on one card and specifcally told the young man at check in we were going to check out using our business card.On sa night 9pm my husband went to front desk to give that card and a coupon for 20%off our first night. A different desk guy said he already check us out? we dont check out til sunday BTW but he charged 3 of the 4 nights? He then stated there is no manager and he does not know how to void the charge? So we didnt get the 20%, we dont get our tax rec. for our business and then he charged the last night onto the other card? I called for 3 days straight when i got home and it took forever for a manager to return my call.
Anehiem has a great shuttle system for $2 a trip so use it....drops you right at the door.
All in all...the price is lower than similiar hotels and for us its not worth the hell on earth bad back we both came home with.
enter at your own risk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The TownePlace Suites by Marriott Anaheim is minutes away from the Anaheim Convention Center, Disneyland Resort Maingate and Honda Center. Taking in a baseball game is easy as we are steps away from the main entrance to Anaheim Angel Stadium. Enjoy shopping and dining at the nearby Block of Orange, Anaheim Garden Walk and Downtown Disney. This TownePlace Suites is a close home for those visiting New Horizons,UCI Medical Center and St. Joseph's Hospital. Stay in one of our spacious, newly renovated suites and enjoy a fully equipped kitchen. Adjacent food court with Starbucks and fast food offers several dining options.When it's time to relax, enjoy our outdoor pool and BBQ area. Keep up with your fitness routine with our two exercise facilities or Bally's next door. There are two guest laundry rooms on premises. TownePlace Suites Anaheim...the simple solution for extended stay ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your TownePlace Suites Anaheim Maingate Near Angel Stadium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Towneplace Suites Anaheim Hotel Anaheim
- Anaheim Towneplace Suites