“Fun for the whole family, great customer service.”

Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground
Ranked #19 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Just a fun place for our kids. The waterpark was the perfect place to be after a morning at Disney. The kids got to play in the water and we got to relax and catch some sun and sleep. The guys at the front desk were great, very helpful and kind. love it.

Room Tip: So close that u can walk to Disney.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Karen N Eric O

Reviewed 30 March 2012

We really enjoyed this hotel. Its across the street from Disney. We'd wake up very early, and either eat in the room, or at Mimi's or McDonalds. Mimi's is next to the hotel, with great food and a full bar. We stayed in a Kids Suite - loved it. There are bunk beds in the second room, and we were happy to have some privacy in our own room. The waterpark at the hotel is really fun. There is also an adult pool (away from the kiddie area, if you want to enjoy some quiet time). The grounds are beautiful. VERY CLEAN. This is a great place to stay!

Room Tip: IF you want a room with a Disney view, note that there are fireworks at Disney every night at 9pm an...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank WhitneyOpp
Reviewed 30 March 2012

This is a little late but I stayed here in September for my first 5k during RunDisney's Marathon weekend. We checked in really late and they were really nice to us at check in which was a great deal I found via Orbitz. The room was really big! I fit two portable cribs with tons of room to spare. My twin boys and my 5 yr had enough room to play, etc. I believe we were in Building 1 which faced the freeway but it was not loud at all. They store they have is great, one of my boys was running a fever and yes I def. paid more for the advil but I needed it Asap! The best part of the hotel is the Pirate's Cove small water park was awesome. Beat the heat and head back to the park! They have toddler area and a bigger kids area which is awesome. I love it here and I am very picky where I stay. I usually prefer Embassy Suites or the Hyatt but the HoJo is just as Awesome! If you really want to take a look at their rooms go to the HoJo Anahiem website they have youtube videos they made of tours for each room and also pictures of the layouts of each room which is a bonus! Can't say enough about the great place!

Room Tip: Walking distance to Disneyland but it is about 5-10 minutes to the ticket booths. Feet may be be hur...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank kimmirae
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We stay here all the time great loction, staff are so nice , great gift shop we stay I'n the queen stuite 2 rooms 2 bathrooms lounge room big kitchen , very clean great price thanks hj

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Bastock
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Our family of four stayed for 7 nights in December and had a brilliant time! The Kids Suite had 2 bedrooms & 2 bathrooms and was very spacious. The room had been sound-proofed so it was very quiet and the beds are super comfy. It was a great suite to come home to each night. We got the Entertainment Book rate which made the room exceptional value.

We had breakfast in the room most mornings with supplies from the Gift Shop downstairs.

WiFi was non-existent in the room which was frustrating. We went downstairs when internet was required.

My son turned 16 during our visit and I organised a cake and decorations with the Gift Shop at a cost of about $50. They set it up in our room whilst we were out on his birthday and it was amazing. I had requested a basketball theme for the cake and they supplied a beautiful cake with an outstanding NBA decal on top - my son was absolutely thrilled. There was also helium balloons, a banner, napkins, plastic plates, forks, a serving platter and cake server.

We can't wait to return to the HoJo!

Room Tip: We asked for a high floor but not the top floor (due to the skylights) and we were very happy
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family