“Would stay again”

The Comfort Inn & Suites Anaheim, Disneyland Resort
Ranked #51 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 7 September 2016

We stayed here for 3 nights early August and enjoyed our stay.. The room was a good size with everything we needed. The hotel was spotless including the pool area. Breakfast was basic but enjoyable with free coffee all day. The hotel itself was well located with a walk to Disneyland of 20 minutes. Restaurants are close by including Bubba Gumps.. Del taco was just across the road. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Farzana K, General Manager at The Comfort Inn & Suites Anaheim, Disneyland Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you had a wonderful stay. Housekeeping and our staff sure do a great job to make sure each and every one of our guest have a pleasant stay. We hope to see you soon. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

The room was very nice--roomy with a comfortable bed. Pool and spa were great too. Breakfast was substantial - plentiful eggs, sausage, waffles, juice, etc. The only thing missing was yogurt!! We watched Disneyland fireworks from the pool area.

Room Tip: Try for the Disneyland side - it was sold out so we got freeway side, but that was OK.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad to hear you were able to see the fireworks from the pool. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 September 2016

Overview:
* The front desk sold me in invalid $160 Disneyland Park Hopper ticket.
* I was unable to go to Disneyland Park because of the ticket issue: ruined my trip.
* The motel double-billed me for an invalid Disneyland Park Hopper ticket.
* The motel wiped out my prepaid VISA card balance between the double billing and additional charges that the front desk cannot explain. They said to get the additional charges issue fixed via my credit card company. That negatively impacted my drive home (card no longer worked); and that night and the follow days as I have worked to fix the mess created by this motel.
* mites/bugs in the beds: itchy to lay on
* The location may be relatively good, but it is located in the first sketchy block of Katella. It is adjacent to a relatively bad strip mall.
* It takes about 30 minutes to walk to Disneyland’s front gate.
* If this motel suddenly became “free”, I still would not recommend it to families or anyone who values their time.

Details:

I live in northern California, and once a year I try to make the 400+ mile drive to visit Disneyland for a day. It had been a few years since I made the trip, and so this year I wanted to do it as part of a runDisney event. The goal was to do the race at 5:30AM, and then immediately after the race get to the park before it opened so that I would at the front of the of the line when the parked open. That way I could visit a few of my favorite rides, walk around the park, and then drive home.

First the positives
* Comfort Inn is located on Katella Road which is one of the main roads that has local motels and restaurants. Out of all of the motels and businesses on that street, it is furthest to the west (from Disneyland) and adjacent to I-5. The street is well lit and one of the nicely landscaped streets around Disneyland.
* Free breakfast was nicely done.
* Free coffee and tea that is kept stocked throughout the day and night.
* The motel was clean: rooms, hallways, lobby.
* The parking lot was clean.
* The room was properly stocked.
* Overall the property looked well maintained.

Now the the negatives
* The refrigerator in the room was unplugged. I had no idea how to turn it on. Why have a refrigerator in a room that is warm and off?
* When I laid on the bed, it was itchy, which means there are some type of bugs in the bed: mites… About 25% of the motels I stay out have this issue.
* Comfort Inn’s front desk has a Disney information carousel and they sell Disney tickets. I asked when Disney opened, and they said it opened at 9AM. Reality was that the park actually opened that day at 8:30AM. I only got there early because I decided to walk over and get in line early, and so I got there by 8AM. The lines were already forming. I was about 8 people back in the line. I would have gotten there even earlier, but I trusted that the front desk at the Comfort Inn knew what they were talking about.
* When I asked about when Disneyland opened, they then marketed buying the ticket from them as a way to save 5 minutes. I had my reservation in doing that, but when I looked at the ticket, it looks similar to ones that Disneyland sells. 5 minutes was important to me, because I was a limited time schedule, I wanted to start my drive home by noon, and so I took the risk. What a mistake that became.
* I paid cash for the park hopper ticket. 4 hours after I checked out, they billed my credit card for the park hopper ticket again (double billed).
* 4 hours after I checked out, they also billed my credit card for charges that the front desk could not explain. The front desk’s only answer was to contact my credit card company and clear it up that way.
* When I got to the Disneyland gate entrance right when the park opened, they scanned my ticket and screen displays red text that says the ticket is invalid. I asked why. They said that the ticket was not good until 3 days later: the day after the holiday weekend. Besides being embarrassed at being turning away at the gate with a line behind me, I had to walk 30 minutes back to my motel to ask them what was going on. When I got there, it took them probably another 20 minutes to get the answer from whomever they called to see what happened.
* At that point, if I went back to Disneyland, I would likely not have gotten into the park until 10:15AM to 10:30AM, which on the labor day holiday weekend would have likely meant it would have taken me 3 to 4 hours to do what I could have completed in 90 minutes had the ticket been valid. Given my time schedule for the day, including a long drive back to Northern California, I decided it was not worth $169 to quickly walk around the park and then go home.

And so because I decided to save $50 to stay at Comfort Inn versus a motel closer to Disneyland, I did not go to Disneyland. My drive home was negatively impacted because I could not use my prepaid VISA card to purchase gasoline and other items. When I got home, I had to call Comfort Inn to ask why I was billed twice and billed for other items that they could not explain. The next day I’m still working to get the charges removed. And so my prepaid VISA card might be unusable for at least a few days due to how this motel does business. For how poorly managed this motel is, I’m hoping this is the end of the negative impact to my life, but something tells me that this is only the beginning of the nightmare.

Bottom line: I would not recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
4  Thank Frank C
Farzana K, General Manager at The Comfort Inn & Suites Anaheim, Disneyland Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2016

Dear Guest,

Sorry for the any in convenience we cause regarding Disney Ticket. Disney change there pick dates for the labor day weekend, At the ticket both if you could pay $9 extra you would been able to go there right away. people pay the difference at the ticket booth. We again apologize for our mistake., We refund your money right away.
As per Disney calendar itself we have it for all the guests timing they had it for that day was 9.00 am. Distance wise 20 mins walk for Disneyland. We did not over charge you anything on your visa card. They might Authorization hold on your card. We charge Room + Tax Total for the Room.
Thank you for the all the positive feed back about our hotel. You like everything about our hotel. For the refrigerator being unplug there is sign on the refrigerator about that there is switch under the table to turn it on . We do this for the energy saving.

Reviewed 1 September 2016

Currently staying at this particular hotel. I am very impressed with how clean this place is. When you walk down the halls at any particular time of the day, you will always find someone cleaning. There is always someone at the front desk looking to help you out. check in and out is very easy and the staff is very helpful. I had an issue with my credit card, they let me use the phone and the issue was solved. Very helpful. They also have tickets available to purchase for just about any attraction around and they are willing to help get you there as well. Tickets are sold at gate price. Since I do not have a car with me, it's very nice to know if I need to go somewhere they are willing to help out. There is a Del Taco right across the street with great tacos and very reasonable prices. I am here with my 11 year old son. We have a room with a king size bed. It is just the right size for us. We have a tv, microwave and fridge. The room is clean, however it must have been in the smoking area, when smoking was permitted. It still contains that residual smell. It is not overwhelming but you can smell it. The rooms do need a facelift. More vibrant and uplifting colours would be great. The rooms contain dark and depressing colours. The breakfast area in the lobby is very nice. They have something for everyone. Scrambled eggs, toast, cereal and waffles are on the menu every morning and also included in your low price per night. They have free local calling and a pool on site, the pool is salt water and the hot tub is chlorinated water. I would definitely recommend this hotel to the family on a budget. This place does not offer a shuttle to Disneyland or anywhere but they can arrange transportation for you. The beds are very comfortable. You will sleep very well. I would recommend that if you do plan to stay here and go to Disneyland, plan to rent a car.

Room Tip: They are all pretty good
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Farzana K, Manager at The Comfort Inn & Suites Anaheim, Disneyland Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2016

Dear guest ,
We are thrilled to know that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Thank you for the great comments. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed 20 August 2016

The room was nice, clean and smelled right. Bed was comfy, carpet was clean and breakfast was pretty good. Staff was really nice and personable. Hampton and comfort inns should always be your no. 1 choice.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Farzana K, General Manager at The Comfort Inn & Suites Anaheim, Disneyland Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2016

Dear guest,

Housekeeping does a great job, thank you for your positive feedback. The beds are sure comfortable. Thank you for you staying with us.