“Super convenient”
Review of Hilton Anaheim

Hilton Anaheim
Ranked #47 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 13 December 2017

Very helpful staff upon our arrival. Very convenient location for the USAW American Open event taking place at the Anaheim Convention Center. Would definitely recommend this Hilton for anyone attending an event in Anaheim!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Write a ReviewReviews (4,610)

Reviewed 13 December 2017

I am a platinum hilton honrs member and just booked into this hotel.
I arrived early so had early check in arranged and ws tired as traveleed from DC and was given two double rooms as no King available.
The room is on the 5th floor in an awful location. Security concerns as sliding doors to an open area which was noisy with people using blowers.

I asked to change rooms and had an unhelpful staff member who stated I could not do that until 4pm and even then not sure if anything avaulable. I went on line and still advertising rooms. So far, worst experience with Hilton.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank 11Boudica
Claudiaschou, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Der 11Boudica,
Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review. I apologize that our property and staff failed to impress you. Your review did not say if you were transferred to a new room and if your and impression was turned around. Regardless, please feel free to reach out to me directly at claudia.schou@hilton.com and let me know how I can Make It Right.

Yours in service,
Claudia S.
Manager

Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

My friend and I took a spur of the moment trip to Anaheim to take her two kiddos to Disney. I am a huge Hilton fan, and the Hilton Anaheim made my love for their hotels grow even more! Our room was beautiful! Modern, but still had a home-like feel for the kids! Our room also included a couch and a good sized tv to keep the kids entertained at night! The bell staff and room service were impeccable, and the entire hotel was a great experience for the price paid.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 December 2017

Second time staying here to go to Disneyland. Is the best place to stay in anahiem will be back next year thank you for the excellent service. Also while u stay make sure to use the ART buses they are great.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Ronald F
Reviewed 11 December 2017

We were visiting Hilton Anaheim from Sweden (15 hours door to door) during one day to visit Disneyland. Arriving wednesday evening, leaving at noon friday. Already at checkin the problems started. It was clearly stated in the confirmation from Hotels.com that WIFI was included in the pre-paid price. However, the staff refused to honor that. After 5 minutes of arguing, the checkin staff said they would turn it on but when we got to our room it was defenitely turned off. The had just simply LIED in order to take the next in line. I just wonder if that is in the employee manual under customer care...

In order to secure passports, cameras, computers, ipads etc before we went for dinner, we tried to use the safe. The safe in the room was out of order so we called for help and was promised a wait of max 10 minutes. After almost 40 minutes without any help we had to go out to our restaurant before it closed. Now wearing our passports and leaving our valuables unguarded in the room.

The day after we had to remind them about the safe. We were promised max 10 minutes wait again, but it turned out to be closer to 30 minutes. The park opened at 8 and since we were only there for one day we wanted to be there early to avoid long lines at the popular rides. But leaving our valuable, including passports etc unguarded for a whole day was not an alternative. So we just had to wait in our room for someone to fix the safe. To make a long story short, in stead of just resetting the safe, it had to be fixed down in their workshop. We would not have been at the park until almost 3 hours after it opened, had we not made a lot of fuzz about it.

We were refused to get another room with a working safe, and the staff working with the problem failed to mention the time frame for it to be repaired. The compensation given to us was 50 dollars... the one day trip cost close to 3000 dollars for us, but because of the hotels' inability to even remember to fix the safe the evening before, we were stranded almost one forth of the day. So what started as a wonderfull morning, ended up in frustration.

After checking out we got the information that that 50 dollar compensation could be used in the tourist shop - BEFORE checking out. And there was no option to use it as payment for another room at a future date. And was I supposed to be happy about eating 50 dollars worth of snickers bars from the tourist shop? Or wear a sweater with Anaheim Hilton printed on it? Just wonder how they were thinking... The only one that understood us was the janitor that went to great length to fix us up with another safe in the lobby. He was embarrased for the hotel's way of treating their customers. Thank you!

After checking out we wanted to leave our bags at the hotel. The woman at the desk was really offensive. The guy before us in line asked about a tournament we was looking for. She snapped him off rudely by saing "we have MANY things going on today! I don't know what you what you are looking for". And when we tried to leave our bags, she just as rudely told us that "We don't do that here. Go to guest services", waing her hand like Miranda in The devil wears prada. The only thing missing was "That's all".

After leaving my bags I went to the rest room. The first toilet was out of order. The second one peed down, the third had been "spray painted" (it looked like it had been like that for a loong time), and finally the fourth seemed decent. If it had been 3 am at a night club I would not be so surpised, but at 10 am at the Hilton... Unheard of...

I have stayed there before and have had no problems with the Anaheim Hilton. This time however, it seems like they have big issues. Just wonder what happened. This bad is not the standard I'm used to at the Hilton!

Get your act toghether guys!

Room Tip: Make sure you actually get what's paid for!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank OlavHolten
Claudiaschou, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Dear OlavHolten,
Thank you for taking time to write a Trip Advisor review. I apologize that your stay was not a true Hilton experience and that we did not meet your expectations. It is unfortunate that the safe lock was not working and that you had to wait a long time to have it repaired. Your stay was during a wrestling convention so the occupancy was high, otherwise I'm sure our team would have placed you in a different room. I will send a copy of your review to our management team so that they can share with their teams as part of a discussion on how we can continue to improve our guest relations. Again, I apologize for your disappointment, and hope that you will give us another try the next time you are visiting the Anaheim Resort Area.

Yours in service,