“Breakfast Bargain!”

Cafe Casse Croute
Ranked #247 of 900 Restaurants in Anaheim
Cuisines: French, Canadian
Reviewed 7 June 2017

This was our second time to have breakfast at Cafe Casse Croute. It is a small family run strip mall restaurant that serves breakfast, brunch and lunch. It does not look like much from the outside, but is clean and neat inside, and the service is friendly and welcoming. Our first time was on a Saturday, and it was pretty crowded. This time we came to breakfast on a Wednesday, and there were only a few other customers.

My wife LOVES a great cup of coffee, and she says they serve some of the best coffee she has ever had! (One of the reasons we came back a second time!) Last time she had the stuffed French toast, which she loved and this time she opted for the red velvet waffles. However, the waffle maker was broken, but they made her red velvet pancakes instead. She loved them! She said they were some of the best pancakes she had ever had, and that they were better than red velvet cake! Last time I had the Hawaiian. It was tasty and reminded me of meals I had in Hawaii. When I found out the seafood omelet had real crab in it, and not fake "crab" I decided to give it a try, if they would let me "customize" my order by substituting rice for potatoes and soy sauce for the cheese. They did, I ordered it, and enjoyed it immensely!

Everything we have tried here has been delicious, and an ample serving! The prices are definitely a bargain for the taste, amount and quality of the meals!

Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

On our last day at Disney, we decided to skip the hotel continental breakfast and go for brunch. Oh.em.gee. This unassuming cafe at a strip mall in Anaheim blew my mind. We ordered red velvet waffle and a lemon curd and blueberry waffle. It was soo good! I will definitely be back.

Reviewed 19 January 2017

My friend and I stopped into this small diner on a whim, because we didn't want to get Denny's for breakfast. We were so pleasantly surprised! Not only was the coffee amazing (get the Vietnamese drip coffee--it is seriously the best coffee I've ever had), but the food was well-prepared and affordable. I had waffles, but instead of the unfrozen, tough, starchy bread I'm used to (from places like Denny's), this dough was crisp, wheat, and absolutely delicious. Also, instead of the puffy, fake canned whipped cream that usually come on pancakes, it had really heavy whipped cream on top.

The service was also incredible--attentive, friendly, and went above and beyond for us. Who knew a little place in Anaheim, a bit shabby-looking around the edges, with stained paper menus and located in a strip mall, would be one of the best diners I've ever been to?

Go here, eat here, drink some coffee here. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 29 June 2016

Good coffee - which is sometimes unusual in a diner style place. Had the chefs mix -eggs a bit on the dry side - but that is the only complaint. Generous portion of food and friendly attentive wait staff. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed 25 May 2016

My family goes to Disneyland once a year and though this eatery is up the street, we make sure to visit it every time we come. This is a family run business and a local favorite for good reason. If you've never had croissant French toast, it's time to scratch it off the bucket list. Polish your halo and fluff your wings before you take the first bite, though, because you'll be going straight to heaven. In all honesty, I don't even like French Toast. As such, I was resistant to try this dish when I first visited Cafe Casse Croute. It came so highly recommended, however, I felt I had to do it. And I'm glad I did. The other food is good as well, but this is clearly the standout dish. And the prices fit in nicely if you're on a "taking the whole family to Disneyland" budget.

Fair warning, the restaurant is closed Mondays and its hours are 7am - 2pm.

Disneyland can be a stressful whirlwind of a nightmare. Do yourself a favor. Find a day to take a time out, smell the roses, and make the trip to Cafe Casse Croute. Unlike the It's A Small World ride at Disneyland, It won't disappoint.