“tried it twice,never again unless they improve”

Americas Best Value Astoria Inn and Suites
Ranked #82 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
portland,oregon
“tried it twice,never again unless they improve”
Reviewed 25 November 2009

This was my second time there, it was only for a few days and I remembered it had cheap prices...what I didn't remember was that the carpet was filthy and that the beds were so old and uncomfortable we would have slept on the floor-but it was too dirty.They had made a few improvements since the last time we were there so there is always hope..The pool was cold but the hot tub was good and yes they had a very clean laundry room to use. Fridge and microwave were real nice and the room was large..so for those things--Yes--it was good. Don't go by what I say, try it for yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed September 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Hebrew first
uk
Reviewed 4 October 2009

was a bit worried having read previous reviews on the cleanliness of this hotel, but it was fine - yes it is very dated and worn around the edges, but our room was very clean, bathroom was spotless and beds were clean and comfortable. We knew it was budget so clean and comfortable was all we were after.
Pool area is not great but did not really use it.
It is a good brisk 20 min walk to Disney but there is an ART bus stop right outside which you can use for $4 for an all day pass.
The only thing that would put me off staying there again was the location, the walk is far when it is hot, but the view of the Disney fireworks is great!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kteck
Oregon City, Oregon
Reviewed 17 July 2009

I was very surprised when we arrived. From the reviews I was not expecting much. We rented a Family suite for 9 days, there were 2 beds in one room and one in a separate room. We had a microwave and refridgerator in the room as well as a coffee pot. The real surprise was that they had an ironing board and a safe in the room. The safe was one that allowed you to program in the code and then reset it when you left.

The pool and spa were open all night and you could see the fireworks at night from Disney. I would stay here every time as it was also reasonably priced for fitting 6 people in it comforably.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank LavadourWife
Oregon
Reviewed 10 April 2009

We booked last minute for a job interview & 2 days at Disneyland. The location is one block off Harbor & a straight shot to the parking garage. The rooms are decent sized. The beds are rock hard...no give in the mattresses at all. The carpet was stained & when we put our baby down to crawl around, her feet & knees turned black (not a little bit, but a lot in only 20 minutes). The babies blankets ended up smelly musty & they got very congested anytime we were in the room. By the end of the trip, the adults were having the same problems. The bathroom door wouldn't close. There was a burnt outlet cover in the room, lack of weather stripping around the room door, and general stains & build up thru out the rest (especially in the bathroom corners).

We complained about the condition of the carpeting & were told it was because of the Disneyland's fireworks. I told her we'd never had that problem before & we've stayed directly across from the park & she said, they have inside corridors...... not all of them!!!

They also have in-room safes, that I'm pretty sure we got charged for even though we didn't use it. (added charge on top of room rate). They told me they had a continental breakfast available from 6:30-9:30am. They were never open when I went out around 6:45am & sometimes not until almost 7:30am. They had a box of doughnuts & some pastries, coffee & I believe juice.

The pool is small (which is fine, this is a smaller motel) but the hot tub was nasty looking, so we avoided both.

Bottom Line: This motel is older with people running it that just don't care. As long as they get your money....you can just deal with the filth & smell. I am contacting corporate to see what their opinion is. I would chose to sleep in my car with the twin babies then to stay there again.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Anaheim hotels

Toronto
Reviewed 26 March 2009

This hotel was close enough to walk. I saw a lot of reviews before we left that commented on crossing the highway, and although I wasn't worried for me and my boyfriend thought that it might not be appropriate for children. The highway crossing is actually a bridge over the highway, and although it is located on busy streets it is definitely not right on the highway. It was wonderfully close to Disney, tons of restaurants and transportation was easy to figure out to get around Anaheim. The hot tub was kept warm enough and after long days of travelling or playing we definitely enjoyed soaking for a bit. My only complaint was that the rooms were a little worn and run down, they just felt overused and I am not generally a picky traveller. Overall though the whole place and experience was wonderful and definitely good enough to spend a few nights.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple