“Wonderful pool!”

Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area
Ranked #43 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 28 January 2015

Rooms are clean, staff is very helpful and kids eat free at restaurant! My kids love the chicken strips! and the people at the restaurant are super nice! The pool is huge I guess because the hotel shares the pool with stay bridge (right next door). but in general hotel is good (no luxury or anything) but decent if you want to have a peaceful night!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,133)

Reviewed 27 January 2015

We arrived here after a 15hr flight from Melb, Aust.
After arriving before 8am (we didn't have check in until 11) we were found a prompt room and even upgraded. Very happy.

The staff were very easy going, and helpful. Big shout outs to Alex at the service desk.
We stayed here like many visitors to make our way to Disneyland.

The staff were brilliant during our stay, the restaurant staff were lovely and the meals filling.

My only issue was, being a coffee drinker, a snooty Melbourne coffee drinker, I had to get used to the non espresso variant and starbucks - that happened once.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2015

This hotel is the worst I've ever been to. Don't waste your time. Hotel staff is incompetent and will not help you. Even if you are locked out of the very room you paid for. Don't waste your time on this place. There are plenty of other options.

• Stayed: January 2015
2  Thank Rkindle11
Richard S, Manager at Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2015

We pride ourselves on our customer service abilities. I am very sorry if we fell short while attempting to assist you. Unfortunately you did not provide us with very much information regarding your incident. I will say that guests often lock themselves out of their room and request a duplicate key. We take safety and security very seriously and when making a duplicate key we always ask for identification. If a guest can not provide proper identification we will not issue a key. While this may upset some people we do not make exceptions when it comes to someones safety and security.

Reviewed 26 January 2015 via mobile

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Anaheim in April 2014 with the family on our first Disneyland visit. The hotel is great when travelling with kids and staff are very friendly. Walking distance to restaurants and 7 eleven and other amenities, great view of Anaheim when on top floor. The only let down we felt needs attention is the restaurant as it looks a bit run down and more attention to the quality of food on the buffet as the fruit salad was way past it's due date. Staff were very apologetic which was nice but it's little thing that make a great experience.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 26 January 2015

We just spent 3 days at this place. First, we arrived late at night, everyone was tired, no bellboys to help with luggage. Once we got in the room, we asked for a cot. The cot was delivered nice and on time but without sheets and blankets. The housekeeper came back with an adult size pillow and an adult size blanket. Just one! not even a sheet! And there are no more sheets in the closet so she had to come back with another adult size blanket. The next morning, the place was evacuated due to a fire alarm that someone activated. We never heard anything until a pitchy noise followed by the voice of the manager said that they were investigating the incident. Five minutes later, the same pitchy noise saying that everything was fine. We tried to have a shower then and there was not hot water. This delayed us an hour of our planned schedule. We went for some breakfast in the hotel. The staff is really nice but the food not so much. I asked my husband to put the passports and our jewelry on the safety box and he replied that it was not working. I thought: this must be a joke. We called the maintenance guy, he showed up and asked us if we had done something to the safety box. I said no, he checked it and it was in fact not working because it needed new batteries. The next day we left to Disney and it was raining most of the day, so what you expect after a long wet day is to have a nice hot shower but guess what? the hot water system was not working again! It was not fixed that night and I realised that the syringe for my daughters medicine was missing, so I think the housekeeper put it in the bin. I went to speak to the manager and explained the hot water problem and he just replied: There are a lot of rooms with the same problem! I was thinking what? I didnt care what was going on in other rooms! Then, I explained about the syringe and his solution was a terrible map (my husband got lost) to find a chemist shop that he never found. He offered us a free breakfast. Yes, a free breakfast for all the annoyance! We did not have any other problem until we went to check out and the receptionist tried to charge us for the free breakfast! We will never stay at this place again. Is not even that cheap! We stayed a few hours in Days Inn at the airport to kill some hours before our connecting flight and I can say it was much better!

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank fabhoff

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am very sorry that we failed to meet your expectations on a number of levels. I will share your concerns at our next department head meeting so we can learn and grow from it. I am confident we can overcome these deficiencies and I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.