2,743 results
All reviews waffles room was clean minute walk free breakfast bubba gump near disneyland cheesecake factory within walking distance garden walk free parking budget hotel hot tub stayed here for nights laundry facilities after a long day would definitely stay here again disneyland trip
Reviewed 14 July 2012

I had booked my rooms for Tue and Wed over the 4th of July holiday back in May. My choice of hotel was based largely on the positive reviews I had seen here for this property. The room I had reserved was for two queen beds.
About a week prior to our arrival I decided to call and get an extra day (Monday) knowing full well that I would probably have to pay a larger fee if there was a room availble since it was so close to our check in date. I had no problem with this. I called and the agent I spoke to said there was no problem, Monday was all set. I even confirmed with him before getting off the phone of our days of stay, type of room, and charges. He assured me my original reservation was intact and the only extra charge was for Monday.
Imagine my surprise when I get the confirmation email saying not only was Monday not booked but he had changed our $79 rate to $129! In addition to this he had canceled our two bed room and put us in a single bed! I called back and expalined what happend. I was told that in the time it had happened our two bed room had been booked and we would have to have the one bed. Since it was so close to the holiday there was no way I could reserve a room anywhere else. On the day of our arrival, frustrated and upset, I arrived and asked for a cot since the room I had booked 90 days prior was not available due to their error. I was told it was a $10 day charge!!
I could go on and on about the cleanliness and water conditions of the room too but I only have an hour on my lunch break.
To sum it up, I have called Super 8 three times so far and filed a complaint. Each time being told someone would get back to me. I have heard nothing. I will never stay at a Super 8 again. After reading the reviews of this Super 8 and seeing the property in person I would not be surprised if the majority of these reviews were writen by the staff and friends of this location trying to hype this place.
If you are are loking for a decent place to stay while at Disneyland I would look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Look eleswhere.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Scott A
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Thank you for the review. I would like to clarify a few things and explain things in a bit more detail. When you called to change your reservation and add an additional day, you did not call the Motel directly. You called the national Super 8 line. They did make errors when changing your reservation this is true. We recieved a call from customer care regarding the changes and mistakes that were made by the national reservation line. We adjusted the rates back to the original rates for you (from $129 back to $79) as well as added that additonal day for you. Due to occupancy we only had rooms with 1 bed available, however we accomodated you with a one bed room and added a rollaway. Our standard charge is $10 plus tax a day for a rollaway. You were here 3 nights, we only charged you for 1 (which you agreed to and paid for in cash) You have filed a case with Super 8 corporate customer care, it is not the motel that has not gotten back with you. We have not recieved a call from you directly.We are sorry about the reservation errors, however we have done our best to accomodate you, and would like the chance to discuss this with you. If there are any questions regarding this review, please give me a call directly at 714-778-6900.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

This was a great hotel for families. The rooms are clean, staff are friendly and efficient. Walking distance to Disneyland is good approx 15 min for adults and probably closer to 20 min with small children. Breakfast is basic but certainly adequate. For the price of the hotel you couldn't get better value with the size of the room and location.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Thank you for the review! It is great to hear we fit into your vacation budget. Its true we are just minutes away from the Disneyland park as well as many near by dining establishments and shops. We do have free parking which is a great savings in itself. We have free continental breakfast as well as free wifi. All of this makes for a more affordable stay. Thanks again for the review, and we look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed 12 July 2012

I used to stay at this Super 8 because it wasn't as pricey as the hotels immediately across the street from Disneyland and was still a walkable distance to the park, but never again. The last two times I stayed there they had a problem with the boiler and no hot water. They moved me to another room in the same building and I could have guessed the outcome, couldn't you? Still no hot water. The time a couple years before when we stayed here the hot water was cut off for an entire afternoon while they worked on it. The free continental breakfast is very skimpy and they room they serve it in is microscopic....not nearly big enough for a complex the size of this motel. A word of warning...don't try to grab some breakfast near the time it closes at 9 a.m. because everybody else seems to go at that time too and there's usually a line down the road to get in. Also don't think picking a room away from busy Katella Avenue will be quieter....the morning trash pickup at 6 a.m. will wake you abruptly with their banging trash cans.

Room Tip: top floor at any hotel is usually quieter
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2012

If your looking for a clean friendly place to stay that is cheap for family's this is it.great location right next to good restaurants and shopping centre and 5 to 10 minutes to entrance to Disneyland . Rooms when good size and very clean. Basic breakfast included was great for my family.

• Stayed: March 2012
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Thank you so much for the great review. It is true we do have a great location being so close to Disneyland and the nearby restaurants. Treat choices such as Bubba Gumps, The Cheesecake Factory, Tony Romas, and many other great places to dine are walking distance. It is good to hear you enjoyed our rooms and found them spacious and comfortable. We look foward to seeing you again when you are in Anaheim. Thanks again for the great review!

Reviewed 10 July 2012

stayed for 2 weeks. value for money. near disney and attractions. only complaint is breakfast. will come again in future

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

We LOVE the title of your review! This is so true. We are so close to Disneyland. Just a 10 minute walk. It is great to hear that you had a great time while visiting during your two week stay to Anaheim. We always love to hear that our satisfied guests will be back. We look foward to your next visit with us! Thanks so much for the great review.