“Very Pleasant and Super Location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #5 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Northern California
“Very Pleasant and Super Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

This is the third time I've stayed here and it was, as usual, a pleasant stay. The shuttle to the park is convenient and the proximity allows one to walk to D-land and back, too. The beds were a little squishier than I generally like, but I slept like a baby after walking around D-land all day so no biggie. I upgraded to a slightly more expensive room and had the continental breakfast delivered, which was a huge plus. Last year I went down to the breakfast area with my family and it was a a pain in the butt jockeying for the toaster, etc. Peeve: the pool and hot tub area are pretty nice but they play a soft-pop radio station annoyingly loud on several outdoor speakers, thus making the pool space undesirable for my wife and me. The kids do love this place, especially the extra little treats we got with our upgraded room (a few cookies and treats in a popcorn bucket left in the room). We did not take advantage of the free video/dvd rental. The list of available movies was not too compelling. I would surely stay here again.

Room Tip: Pay a little more to get the continental breakast delivered to you room.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Von_Shmavid
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry that you did not enjoy the ambiance of our pool area. We try our best to set the music in our pool area to create an enjoyable atmosphere. If at any time the music is not to your liking, please let us know. We will be more than happy to change the station or even turn it off while you are enjoying the pool. We want to do whatever we can to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable stay. If there is anything I can do to assist you in the future, please let me know. Kind regards!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (516)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

This hotel just exceeded our expectations in so many ways. From excellent price to excellent location (on the same block as Disneyland so no street crossing) and staff (really made our experience), this hotel is where we will book every time we go back to Disneyland from now on. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Rooms were very well kept and cleaned. Staff so friendly and helpful. Shuttle service to/from Disneyland was perfect (and free) and the breakfast included in the morning is more than enough to start your day and carry you through to lunch to save a few $$ on meals.

Room Tip: A room slightly back from the road we found nice and quiet. PLus, if you are on the south side, you...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

I've stayed at the Candy Cane Inn in the Fall of 2010 and 2011 and have plans to return again at somepoint this year as well. The hotel is literally only a few minutes walk to Disneyland and California Adventure, and it is on the same side of the street. Garden Walk is on the other side of the street, just a few blocks down. Walking is easy and convenient; however, if you get tired they have a frequent shuttle. There is a convenience store at the corner that is open 24-hours for coffee, etc. However, Candy Cane Inn does a wonderful job at serving a continental breakfast in the morning. You have your choice of cereal, yogurt, danish, fruit, juices and coffee/tea. The pool is small, but there is a hot tub and everything is well maintained and clean. The grounds are absolutely georgous. There are many, many plants, flowers, and foliage everywhere! The rooms are very well decorated and clean and roomy enough for 3-4 people to get around. Also, it is a maker-or-breaker for me with first impressions, which include the front desk staff. From the first time I've ever contacted them, everyone -- and I mean EVERY ONE of them -- have gone above-and-beyond to make my stay great! I really enjoy staying at this hotel... it is my hotel of choice for when I go to Disneyland! Vakay

Room Tip: There really isn't a bad room here... The property is long back off the street, and after a full...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind words! My Staff and I take pride in what we have to offer at the Candy Cane Inn. It is so nice of you to acknowledge their hard work. If there is anything we can do to help make your stay more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let us know. It will be our pleasure to assist you. Kind regards!
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

I'm a realist. I believe you get what you pay for. I rarely book a hotel, and enter the property with expectations higher than what I have of my own home.

But wow.. Candy Cane Inn- You've gone & done it. I now have a standard set in my head of what a hotel should be!

I have visited Southern California, and in particular Anaheim many, many times. And never have I had a more pleasant stay in a hotel. I believe a holiday is what you make it, and my holiday probably still would have been great, but for some reason after a long hard day at Disney, being able to walk back to my hotel, and not have to cross a high way really made me feel at ease. I actually enjoyed just hanging out at the Candy Cane Inn. Popping down to the convenient store for snacks & sleeping on those heavenly pillows!

And to top it all off, being able to see those spectacular, magical fireworks from the comfort of my own balcony rocked!

Well done Candy Cane Inn, you've earnt yourself a loyal customer!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with our TripAdvisor readers! I am pleased to read that we have earned ourselves another loyal guest! The Candy Cane Inn was founded on our loyal guest and they are the ones who have kept us the longest family run hotel in all of Anaheim for the past 55 years! I hope to have you back again soon! If you ever need help with reservations, please be sure to let me know! Best regards!
Fresno, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

We stayed at the Candy Cane Inn for our anniversary. The location is really a 10 minute walk to Disneyland, but if you don't feel like doing that, you can always take one of their shuttles that run all throughout the day. We used the shuttle service a lot during the 3 days we stayed. We stayed in one of their premium rooms, it was a very nice room and I LOVED that they would bring breakfast to your room in a basket. It was so convenient and was a lovely added touch. The staff was always nice, as were the shuttle drivers. Hands down the BEST place we've stayed anytime we've gone to Disney and we will DEF. be staying there from now on!

Room Tip: Premium rooms give you a late check out AND breakfast delivered to your room.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Samantha S
Happy belated Anniversary and thank you for staying with us! I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and can’t wait for you to come back. If I can be of any help with your reservations, please feel free to contact me. Kind regards!