“Not too bad...”

The Anabella
Ranked #55 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Reading the reviews got me a little worried, but at the same time, I was prepared for the rooms to NOT be as nice as the pictures. That is correct, although, they were clean, and the beds were cozy. I liked being able to walk to Disneyland, although a bit of a hike...it was a nice walk. I DID NOT like, that you HAD to have a credit card to use wifi, and because we did not, we were not able to use the internet out of our room. Big deal? Not really, although because we didn't have a credit card, I couldn't even use our calling card from our room to make 1-800 calls, or LOCAL, because that costs a dollar a call...WHAT? Why? So, I had to use my cellphone to get in touch with my family, which is totally ridiculous. I even gave Anabella, a 100 Dollar deposit, and that wasn't good enough. This hotel is nice, and location is awesome, I just feel like they nickel and dime you for EVERYTHING! They also never informed us at check in, that we got free breakfast with our stay. So, the third day, I was setting up a tour with the concierge (Josh, he is very nice and helpful), and asked him about breakfast..and he got us our passes....Should have been something they told us at check in, as we paid for breakfast at Tiffys next door and spent money we didn't have to spend! All in all, it was an alright hotel. Staff were generally nice...but I would probably stay somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Santa Cruz part of the complex, upstairs...very nice a quiet there...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sandra530
GGentry, Guest Relations Manager at The Anabella, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

First off thank you for taking the time to post a review and for staying at the Anabella Hotel and Resort. I am sorry that you did not think the room was comparable to the resort; we do have 14 different room types and 4 versions of those different room types so it can get a little confusing, but that’s why we offer to switch rooms and accommodate all of our guests. I am excited to hear that you liked our beds and thought they were so comfortable most of my reviews have been about beds being too hard or too soft, so thank you for commenting on all of our new mattresses and how nice they are.

In regards to our internet we are currently having multiple bids for laying fiber optic cables on property, this will increase our broadband speed but due to Anaheim’s strict rules and regulation we are having some difficulty finding the proper company to install this. We due offer a business center with computers and internet access for a small charge which is on property, directly next to the lobby and is all internally run through the Anabella hotel.

In regards to having a credit card or debit card, we do require that upon check in and it is standard hotel practice to then authorize a card for deposit and any amenities that you might order or use. We do extend a $100 dollar cash deposit if necessary per day to put down on the room as a deposit as well but this is not standard check in procedure, we just extend this to our guest to help better accommodate.

All telephone calls have a $1 dollar access fee and if you book one of our club concierge rooms this is included. This is because some numbers do charge so we must then charge the guest if they are not in our club concierge room. I am sorry that you feel that we nickel and dime you but we really don’t, some hotels include internet in your resort fees and we don’t that is why are resort fee is only for $2 dollars where are surrounding hotels it is as high as $30 dollars. I am sorry that you had some challenges during your stay but I do hope that you will try out the Anabella hotel and resort in the near future.

There are newer reviews for The Anabella

Reviewed 11 March 2012

My husband and I took a kidless trip to Disneyland last weekend. I bought the air and hotel package through Alaska Airlines and we stayed 4 nights, with the fourth night free. Our package also included breakfast-there was a meat and egg breakfast with coffee or juice that you could have free, or your voucher was good for $5.80 toward any other breakfast. My husband had the french toast twice and it was $6 so we didn't have to pay anything for his meal, and I had 1 of the free meals-very good- and the other 3 days had the very yummy Bacon Avocado Omelet. The service in the restaurant was ok- slower on busy weekend, faster on Friday and Monday mornings. The waitstaff was pleasant and the restaurant was clean. The pools were really nice- I went to the adults only pool once and it was lovely!The family pool is larger than most family motels down there. Our room was nice and roomy and our bed was comfortable. The TV was older, but that was ok-I wasn't there to watch tv. People had complained that it was noisy and I was really worried, but I slept well every night and used the noisy (as usual) air conditioned/fan as white noise. We enjoyed the walk to Disneyland every day. The bus to the airport picked us up right out front and the hotel held our luggage Monday after we checked out so that we could go back to the park until it was time to leave for the airport. In past trips we'd stayed at Fairfield Marriott, but I liked Anabella alot better.

Room Tip: Next door to our room was a room labeled as a Kids Suite. When they were cleaning it I noticed that...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lorianne007
GGentry, Guest Relations Manager at The Anabella, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2012

First off, thank you for taking the time to post this kind positive review, your thoughts and experience are held in high regards. I am so happy to hear that you had a good breakfast experience in the tangerine restaurant. We offer these packages to better help accommodate all of our guests. We are working on improving the speed of the service in the restaurant so I do apologize if your wait was a little longer than normal.

Thank you for noticing the property and how much time and effort we spend in keeping it looking clean and beautiful. In regards to the older TV we have just purchase a large order of new TV’s to replace the old ones. I really appreciate all of your feedback and on behalf of the Anabella Management team we hope to see your party in the near future.

Reviewed 10 March 2012

10 minute walk from the parks, clean and spacious rooms. Its not brand new but it is kept very clean. The bed was very comfortable.
the staf are excellent here. Friendly and caring. As hopitable as you should expect someone in the hospitality trade to be.
Sound insulation between the rooms is not great but thats par for course in the US.
1 negative is the blinds in the rooms upstairs dont close very well and you have to make sure they are fully closed for privacy.
The bar closed at 10. heartbreaking!! :)

Room Tip: Away from the reception area and pool are the quietest. Also dont stay near the laundry room. The ma...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank WillyDIreland1
Reviewed 9 March 2012

We spent 3 nights at the Anabella while enjoying Disneyland. You can't ask for a more convenient, affordable hotel with such close proximity to the park.....and a fraction of the cost of staying at one of the Disneyland hotels.

We thought the staff were extremely friendly, the rooms were comfortable and totally adequate (we stayed in a small suite where our son had his own twin bed in a separate room - perfect!).

The pool area was very nice as was the outdoor dining area....you wouldn't know that you were located on a busy traffic street. The food at the Tangerine restaurant is very good and affordable, especially their breakfast selection.

All in all we were very impressed and glad we stayed there - we'll certainly stay again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank KatBot567

Thank you for posting a trip advisory comment in regards to your last stay to the Anabella Hotel and resort. We do cherish our location and rates we are designed to not only house the convention guests but we are also designed specifically for the families seeking out Disneyland experiences. The price has been considered to have some of the best rates in the Anaheim area, with all of the same if not more amenities.

Thanks again for taking the time to post your comments on your last stay all of our guest’s comments and feedback are extremely important to us. We hope to have you stay with the Anabella Hotel and Resort in the Near Future.

Reviewed 9 March 2012

Just stayed here one night on business. Wireless is not free and is very slow and tends to boot you off. Maybe an OK place to stay if you were here for the resorts. Not for business travel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank kenmang
GGentry, Guest Relations Manager at The Anabella, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Thank you so much for all of your feedback from your stay here at the Anabella Hotel and Resort. I do want to put your mind at easy we are at this moment in time installing Fiber Optic Cables within the property. This will give us the state of the art equipment and extremely fast internet; this will be operational within the next few months and should help fix the challenges that you have had in the past with your internet connection. Anaheim city has a very tight hold on the installation of cables/pipes/structures etc and it is also very difficult to get renovations or installation approved through the city. I am sorry once again and I do promise we are installing this new feature within the next few months, we are very excited to roll out the new system and hope to see you in the near future.