“Spacious”
other travellers have booked this property
Looking at Pool From Hot Tub Bobby at tiki bar
Living Room
Game Room
Hall Bath
Kid's 'Mickey' Bedroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Mark L
Ottawa, Canada
“Tropical Bait and Switch”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

Well folks, what can I say, this is the internet equivalent of the old bait and switch. Sure, it's true, the pictures posted are in fact his home, but they're VERY selective. The family room is actually empty except for some old cushions and a stand up fan. THat's probably because when it rains, the room soaks in the rain. And it's not "dewy meadow" as much as it is "dingy carpet". The fan is probably there to help air it out.

The house abounds with all sorts of DIY handywork. like the Kitchen Island. Nicely tiled, but those tiles were cut by a chainsaw and grouted by a monkey. The Decor is quaint. The theme is best desccribed at "Paper plates stapled to the wall", or even 'stuff I snagged on garbage day". THe livng room furniture is good for three people. Or it was in the 70's. The couch died a slow death, completed sometime during Clinton's term in office. Look closely at the dining room table. THere are 4 proper chairs. The rest are folding chairs a la "school gymnasium". If there were better furniture in the living room, it wouldn't be so bad, but you end up spending a LOT of time in those chairs.

The masterbedroom door couldn't be closed from the outside. The "doorknob" hole in the wall should have tipped us off. Bobby Gore dismissed it as "part of the experience". And then kicked the door in for us. Problem solved.

For the record, the house is three bedrooms. "Bedroom 4" is more aptly called a dining room with one doorway covered by a rattan mat. The other doorway is open concept. If you don't believe me, ask yourself why the wall has a wine and fruit motif on the border. It's a dining room, that's why. Oh. Speaking of fake walls, Check out the solid reno's in the "game room'. The "walls" are flannel blankets. The game room is is chocked full of a pool table with tip-less cues. A broken air hockey table. Broken furniture. But there are fishing poles! I picked a vacation home 15 minutes from Disney b/c of the fishing. Right.. I would not recommend this to anyone, unless I didn't like them.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: I got to leave after 10 days.
Liked least: I had to stay for 10 days.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
27 Nov 2014
Don't be mislead by this review! It does NOT represent my home at all. It is incorrectly dated, inaccurate and pokes fun at my home with nonsensical insults by an unregistered guest who stayed years ago. I’m perfectly fine with constructive criticism or suggestions from sincere guests and will always act on it with a smile but this review is just silly. This guest did not stay in my home in April of 2014. Look at the time stamp on the picture HE posted with the review. It is April 10, 2012. They stayed more than two years ago despite being listed as April 2014.

I host well over 100 groups of guests per year, that's more than 1000 guests annually in my two homes. There is a reason I also see numerous repeat guests each year. I've been a completely dedicated, conscientious full-time owner since 2008 and you can easily find and read hundreds of my home's reviews on the other major vacation home sites that don't appear on Trip Advisor. My reviews are overwhelmingly good, less than 2% have any negativity whatsoever. I live 10 minutes from my home. Guests can easily reach me 24/7 for any reason whatsoever and I'm there personally to take care of it immediately. With a little research, It's clear that I take pride in being a premier owner and my home is the quintessential Disneyland vacation home at great family rates.
While the slapstick-ish parodies years after their stay might have been humorous for this person, monkeys did not remodel my home. I spent ten's of thousands of dollars remodeling with professionals and they didn't cut tile with a chainsaw. I don't decorate with garbage nor do I kick in my own doors for guests. The up to date living room has a wall mounted flat screen TV, new couches about once a year or so and cable TV with a multitude of channels and DVR (None of which was around in the 70's). I have floor and ceiling fans in both my homes simply because guests want them. There is not much furniture in the family room as guests often use it as a private 5th bedroom if needed and we get little to no rain in Southern California. I also post numerous pictures of my home, inside and out, from all angles just like every other vacation home. As this reviewer reluctantly admitted, the pictures don't support his review because they clearly show how nice my home really is! Blaming it on “angles” doesn't change the obvious. Since presidential parodies are being used, then that would be like Clinton asking what the meaning of the word is....is! Ironically, if you look at the same picture I have posted of the family room it's actually a wider angle than his showing more of the room. The real truth is, arriving guests constantly say my home is even nicer than the pictures and I'm very proud of that!
I have learned from experience what to stock to make everyone happy. My home is fully equipped from top to bottom including fishing poles because people use them and fishing is plentiful here. I also have strollers, life jackets, pool toys, golf clubs, toys, games, high chairs, pack n plays, beach chairs, coolers, etc. etc. If travelers need it, my home has it. I've found that folks visiting here want to do a lot more than just Disneyland so I apologize if this person was offended by fishing poles, fans and extra folding chairs. (I've actually taken guests on fishing excursions in my own boat. I also play an occasional round of golf with guests, I have one planned at the end of this week)
If this reviewer were to refer my home to friends, He would have very happy friends.
Jeanette7...
Dartford, United Kingdom
“Spacious”
Reviewed 11 August 2013 for a stay in May 2013
people found this review helpful

I stayed here with my huband, daughter and her husband plus two granchildren. the house is very spacious and the pool is lovely. The children had great fun in it after a day visiting theme parks! The Owner came to visit us on the first day we arrived, he was extremely friendly and helpful, he said we could phone him anytime if we needed anything.
The house is situated close to all shops, and Disneyland is just 20 minutes drive away. The only thing that was negative was the next door neighbours dog was barking every morning at 6am!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The spaciousness of the house and the pool.
Liked least: Next door dog barking and the games room was not up to much!
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
10 Aug 2013
It was great having these new friends from the UK in my home and I'm pleased their stay in Southern California was a memorable one. I would welcome them back anytime in the future. I'm not sure why the neighbor's dog, Cookie, was barking and I hope it didn't disturb these guests too much. That particular neighbor has since moved.
ReverendD...
Sacramento, California
“Musical Extravaganza and a great place to stay”
Reviewed 2 February 2013 for a stay in January 2013
person found this review helpful

Bobby was a great host and although we had some minor problems when we got there, he was there within an hour to rectify them. The house was only 20 minutes away from the Anaheim Convention Center (and Disneyland) and was an easy drive in the morning on bith days we attended the NAMM show.

After walking around fr 8 hours it was relaxing to spend some time in the jacuzzi and heated pool. The house comfortably accommodated the 10 of us and having all of the amenities that you wouldn't expect, like a pool table, and air hockey table, (and even some fishing poles) was a nice addition to our stay.

Thanks again Bobby! We will defintiely be back!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The whole experience here was good
Liked least: There is nothing to mention
Travelling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
2 Feb 2013
Thanks for staying gang. It was fun having musician types like myself out for the big NAMM convention. Kudos for taking great care of my place and come back anytime!
Sydney Australia
Reviewed 30 December 2012 for a stay in October 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
30 Dec 2012
It was great having you fine folks from the downunder. You did teach me about the "kettle" and my home now proudly stocks one. We use small toaster ovens here more than toasters because you can cook small things along with toasting bread in them and they are more efficient. My home has so many things for the traveler in it, no problem adding on a regular toaster too. I got your request for another stay and look forward to having you back again at the Tropical Paradise home in sunny Southern California.
UK
Reviewed 1 November 2012 for a stay in October 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
1 Nov 2012
It was a great pleasure having these nice folks in my home. They are a wonderful, close and very down to earth family. It was my honor and a joy to make their dream wedding on a sunny Southern California beach a reality.
I dedicate myself to my homes because I want my guests vacations to be as memorable and fun as possible. I understand that many visitors come from far away and don't know the area so, as the owner, I feel obligated to make them comfortable and give them piece of mind that they have any help they need. My rates are very reasonable so it's not all about the money. My biggest reward is making so many great new friends like these folks. I would welcome them back at any time in the future and love to have any of their friends from across the pond.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing