“Spend extra $10 on a better hotel!”

Anaheim Discovery Inn & Suites
Ranked #48 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 28 June 2011

this hotel was disgusting! its like a very cheap motel. Right when you enter the room there's a strong odor! I can't tell what it is smells like dirty carpet, mold i don't know. I've never had any reviews with the hotel i stayed before but this is worst! Oh and don't be fooled with the continental breakfast, it's only coffee (which you'll wish you get it from a gasoline station instead), toast, donut, muffin thats it! One more thing beds are not comfy at all i dont have any allergies but when i'm inside the room i kept sneezing and ened up with a cold but when i'm outside im ok. I tell you spend extra $10 to anoter hotel. Worst 2nights!!!

• Stayed: June 2011
There are newer reviews for Anaheim Discovery Inn & Suites

Reviewed 3 June 2011

Upon check-in, there was an indian man who was difficult to understand & took over 10mins to stop talking to a friend and assist us. The 1st room we checked into smelled of mold (they had left the door open in attempt to air it out) and the fridge did not close. We asked to change rooms and this time the AC was mussing knobs, found a few bugs, and the fridge was tiny. I not only feel scammed by their pictures (the pool is tiny and dirty aswell) but I will not be going again.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 27 January 2011

My husband and I stayed in this hotel from Jan 13-17, 2011 during the NAMM convention in Anaheim. The room REEKED of mold, you could see visible mold growing on the ceilings in the bathroom and the bedroom. Then on the first night, I discovered a bedbug in my bed!!! HORROR! I took a picture of it with my iPhone (not the greatest quality image) and killed the bug. Fortunately, I did not see any others during our stay. We kept our suitcases off the floor on the stands that were provided and sanitized EVERTHING when we got home. I reported the mold and the bedbug to the property management and was told "Sorry". I requested a discount for the inconvenience and horrible mold small AND for the fact that I would now have to unpack in the garage at home and fumigate everything before I could bring my personal items back in to the house. I was offered a $36 discount for my trouble. WOWEE.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Sylbo2000
Reviewed 12 October 2010

My wife and I spent one night with our 10 month-old son in the Anaheim Discovery Inn and Suites.

Given the Tripadvisor reviews, I was very pleased with the condition of our room and had a nice one-night stay.

My wife and I would prefer to stay at somewhat inexpensive hotels, so long as they are reasonably clean. We stayed in one of the suite rooms ($63 - only $5 more than the regular room price), so that we would have a separate room to set up the pack-n-play for our 10 -month old son. The furnishings were somewhat worn, but the carpet appeared to be brand new, the mattress seemed new and comfortable, and the bathroom was very clean. The walls were somewhat dinged up and could certainly use painting, but given the cleanliness of the carpet and bathroom - we could not have asked for more for the price. Before visiting, my wife commented that if the room was not clean, we would look elsewhere. She was impressed with the room and we both agreed that the quality and cleanliness for the price was quite good.

My four star cleanliness rating (and all ratings) are ratings based upon the low price of the hotel. (i.e. given the price, the service and cleanliness were quite good - but I would lower these ratings if they were based upon my expectations of a $250/nt hotel)

The owner was extremely pleasent, and even offered to give us some bottled water and snacks for our son for free (packaged apple slices and cereal).

We will stay here again.

We had none of the issues identified in the negative trip advisor ratings.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank ketchpa
Reviewed 3 June 2010

I called the Econo Lodge directly to make a reservation. Later, I needed to cancel and I talked to the same man with an Indian accent. He was hard to understand and to add to the frustration, he seemed to not have a grasp of his job though he told me he was the manager. Also, when I called to cancel he told me to call a 1-800 number to "finalize" cancellation and when I did the customer service agent said my confirmation number given to me was not only not valid but 4 digits short. So, I called the manager back of the hotel and he said to call him directly next time to cancel.... What???? Anyway, glad I canceled before I even had to stay there.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family