“Beautiful Resort”

Anaheim Marriott
Ranked #32 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 March 2016

We were very happy with this Marriott! Very clean, wonderful pool, helpful staff!! The grounds are well kept and easy to navigate given how big the property is. Very close to Disneyland and adjacent to the convention center. I highly recommend this resort!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AmeliatheMuse
Write a ReviewReviews (2,155)

Reviewed 23 March 2016

The room was too small and the beds are double beds not queen. Being with kids it was really important to have at least queen size beds. To upgrade for what I have paid for they charged me $115/day. I don't think it's fair.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank JohnSfVancouver
Reviewed 23 March 2016 via mobile

This Marriott is nice, and it has a lot of business travelers vs most hotels in the area who generally are filled exclusively w children. Not that there aren't children here or it's not kid friendly, it is. But it also has a Starbucks and a Kinkos in the building. Banquet halls etc.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2016 via mobile

OK I get it they are a huge place for mostly conferences, but I came with my wife's company and notices lots missing basic hotels cover free.

The good... nice room, clean, comfortable, decent TV, average small fridge, great pool, and nice people.

The bad... you have to pay high daily rates for WiFi. Yes budget motels give that for free, and here you have to pay a high price. Nfusion restaurant has crazy high prices for basic food. Yes there is a Starbucks and there is hotel coffee. If you are a coffee snob go to Starbucks but if not go some other place because the hotel coffee is terrible. No microwave in the room. This is a very basic appliance and just silly when you consider they give you a fridge.

I might would come back to the area but I would pick a different hotel. Basics matter and the Marriott seems to have forgotten that.

One caveat is the bell hop did end up giving us a free movie and Internet but only after we complained. The excuse was they have too many people to take care of. That excuse doesn't make up for simple basic misses and we shouldn't have to complain to get internet.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Alex S, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2016

First of all, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback of your stay with us. We do apologize that any inconvenience you dealt with during your visit. We'll be sure to take all of your comments back to the rest of the team and we hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you again!

Reviewed 16 March 2016

We stayed in a suite over Thanksgiving for an event. I requested and was re-assured an early check in would be granted as well as a microwave for the suite (although you would think one would come standard in a suite). My suite was not ready and we had to wait almost 8 hours to get into our suite. The staff was helpful but the communication was lacking. The suite did not have a microwave as promised and I was told there were no microwaves left. We ended up buying a microwave and were promised they would deduct that amount from my bill which never happened. Having said that- the suite was wonderful and the management tried their best to take care of my family and I appreciate that. The management did send up a tray of food for us which was a nice touch. The hotel itself is great- and very very big. We look forward to coming back again.

Room Tip: both towers are nice
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Alex S, Director of Sales at Anaheim Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2016

Thank you for your review of of Anaheim Marriott. We apologize for the mishap with the microwave. But I'm glad you enjoyed your stay overall. We hope to see you again soon!