“Need a 3.5 star for this one”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 893 Restaurants in Anaheim
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Anaheim Resort
Cross street: Between Katella & Orangewood
Reviewed 14 September 2017

We were here for a sponsored dinner last night - and I have to say I was a bit disappointed on a couple of levels.
1. Room was so tight for a presentation that those of us at the front seats could not see the power point screen without breaking our necks.
2. Parking - there appeared to be no self parking and the line for valet was several cars long and they were parking cars behind other cars at the neighboring hotel - it just seemed like a bad idea to have cars in the drive isle for the hotel that are parked in non parking spots behind hotel guests. Parking was $4 at the valet.
3. Dinner - hmmm - I know I was an invited guest, but someone still paid for that meal, so we shouldn't be treated any less than another paying guest. I had to ask for water, no one filled my glass back up when I was done. No drinks were offered at an additional charge - just water. I saw a couple of other guests with what looked like Ice tea - they must have brought them in from the bar before dinner?? Appetizer of stuffed mushrooms was wonderful and the presentation of the carprisi salad on a skewer was lovely. The salad was large and tasty - but the bread didn't come out until we were well into our salad. Then the plates were literally dropped in front of us with announcements "don't touch it's really hot" - the plates were slamming onto the table like the wait staff's hands were being burned by the plates (they had napkins in their hands to "protect" them - obviously not enough). The steaks that were ordered medium were over cooked like mine and the lady next to me who ordered med-rare - her steak was raw inside. Mine was tasty but the presentation was dismal with a bunch of grease and seasonings all over my plate that had just the piece of meat and no garnish on it. The gal next to me - here plate was completely clean with just the meat in the middle. The salmon looked delicious and had a garnish and half lemon on the plate. The side dishes were served last which I was wondering if they had forgotten about them as I was about 1/3rd through my steak when they arrived. When they cleared our plates the guy was loudly stacking them one on top of another - it just felt so unlike a top rated restaurant and a bit more like a Denny's - I was shocked. Dessert was really good - cheesecake with berries.

I will have to go back for a "normal" dinner in their dining room to give my final rating on Ruth Chris - but I really expected much more even in a group meal setting.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Their steaks are fantastic. The service and food quality always consistent... great! We always look forward to our visit at Ruth's Chris. It is a real treat. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Went fo a “date night” to take a break from Disney, Universal Studios, etc. The ambience is wonderful, we were seated at very romantic table. The booth was very quiet and romantic. Things started off with a glitch when we were served bread that was stale and not hot. When we pointed out this problem, we were brought a fresh, hot loaf of bread. But for $100 per person for dinner, should they have tried to give us old bread to begin with? We ordered a ribeye and a filet for dinner. The filet was perfect but the ribeye was dry even though it was ordered medium rare. The replacement was excellent, but again I think better QC would have caught this issue before it was served. The lobster mac and cheese was amazing and the mushrooms delicious. Despite the hiccups, I would definitely return.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Great food,service and wine and bar choices. Our servers suggestions at all stages of our meal and concerns that every thing was to our liking helped make this meal with friends a total success

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Very nice place to eat , to celebrate and to anything else you want. Food is excellent, presentation is fantastic and delicious.