“Worth a visit if you are in the area ”

Maria Elena's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Alviso
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

Guacamole - simple, fresh and delicious - a high light of the dinner. Fast friendly service. The pork and carnitas tacos were tasty but a little dry. The chicken and fish tacos were well seasoned, moist and tasty. Shrimp fajitas were basic but well prepared. A solid 4.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 18 March 2018

There must have been 18 or more in our group so we had two tables of eight and a table of four. The waitresses were great with keeping the cocktails and beers flowing while taking our orders. I really enjoyed the Chips, Salsa and Guacamole. All were really tasty and fresh. Too many people to list all of the entrees ordered, but I had the entree with the Garlic Shrimp. Very tasty and nice portion. The place does look run down and deceiving, but the food is really good. Some off street parking, other wise it looks like ample street parking. A nice experience for our group.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Hidden Gem in Alviso. Family owned for decades. Indoor and Outdoor seating. Outstanding Mexican food! I enjoyed the Chicken fajitas immensely. The chips and salsa are made on site and are delicious!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 26 February 2018

The place is very casual and is located in a not really frequented area. But the food is good and the price is cheap. The salsa for the nachos was outstanding, much better than other mexican restaurant you can find nearby, for example in Santa Clara.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

After hearing so many positive things about this restaurant, we finally decided to make the drive out to Alviso. We were greeted by the waitress. After seating ourselves and grabbing our own menus, The waitress was very quick to take our drink order and subsequent food order. So, the service was very good.

I ordered the spinach enchiladas which were said to have cheese and spinach in them. They had big crunchy green peppers and spinach with almost no cheese at all. There was no mention of the peppers on the menu.So, when you eat them, everything is falling everywhere. The sauce was OK. And I was able to eat everything. But, I pictured spinach enchiladas being much more cheesy. All that was there for cheese was a bit of crumbly white stuff that was not what I expected at all.

My husband had a burrito and said he was very disappointed in the seasoning of the meat. It was very plain.

I give it three stars for the customer service and courtesy of the waitress. But the food was not very good.

Date of visit: November 2017