“Food to go”

The Boiling Crab
Ranked #11 of 235 Restaurants in Alhambra
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 13 April 2016

Took my order home to eat. Ordered the spiciest level and was sweating as if I went to the gym, just the way I like it. My only complaint is they did not include the table settings and accessories (plastic table mat, wipes, etc). Other than that, always a great meal. FYI snow crab = delicious

Reviewed 5 March 2016

I have dined here twice. They kindly put a nice plastic crab bib on everyone. They normally serve five different crab but only the two most expensive were available for us. We made a good choice and had the shrimp, corn and potatoes with the medium sauce and it was too spicy hot for us. Order is often delivered to your paper covered table in a bucket, with the dinner, sauces and spices in a plastic bag. I think you have to ask for it if you want water, or a plastic spoon or other utensils. Plenty of napkins. I also ordered the Gumbo with rice and added extra Shrimp. Somehow an error was made and the Gumbo came with zero shrimp....I do believe the extra was read as eliminate or without shrimp, somehow. Manager took it away and added two shrimp to the cup. On a second visit I ordered the Gumbo, without rice and without any extra shrimp or sausage and this time it had a good amount of sausage [about a total of 3" sliced up] and 3 shrimp which is appropriate and what I would expect. It tasted great. They serve beer and on weekends especially for dinner there is a huge crowd awaiting tables. Our first visit it was packed and many children and lots of noise, a Sunday night 5pm dinner. My second visit had 2/3 of tables filled and quiet enough for a conversation, 2pm weekday.

Reviewed 1 February 2016

If you don't arrive 10 min before opening, expect at least a half hour wait. I've heard from many people that shrimp is the best deal at Boiling Crab, but we wanted to try crab anyways. Our waitress suggested Snow Crab instead of King Crab because of the easiness to peel and price ($16/lb vs $23/lb). The crab legs weren't that fresh and didn't have much meat. The cajun sauce tasted a little diluted. We also ordered oysters, which were really fresh, as well as shrimp, which was also great.

Reviewed 19 January 2016

I tried the boiling crab the 1st time and I think it is OK. I usually like to go to restaurant and order food that I can't cook or cannot do a good job cooking it. That's why I never went to Boiling crab because I can boil the same seafood at home and probable do it better.
The food is OK. It was nice to see what kind of food they serve there, but I would not go back because I can do it better at home and much cheaper.

Reviewed 29 September 2015

my first time at Boiling Crab and it was so yummy. We got 2lbs shrimp with the whole sha-bang, corn and cajun fries. The fries were crunchy, crisp, and flavorful. The shrimp bag are more or less those large jumbo shrimp, tasty and takes a while to peel, and goes really well with the sauce. Service is great. We came during off hours weekday afternoon because we would never wait in line for it.