“High quality Chinese food, organic (mostly)”

Renee's Place Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 95 Restaurants in Albany
Reviewed 27 July 2016

Renee's is a restaurant known mostly by the locals. It lives up to the reputation it has for fine quality fresh food and mostly organic selections. Service is good, atmosphere is relaxing - classical music plays in the background, a nod to the owner who was classically trained in the violin. Very friendly place and good value.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

I love this place. Being an aware/"picky" eater there were few options that I would consider going to for lunch one afternoon.

The atmosphere is typically quiet and casual...love the classical music that plays. the place is clean an well kept though they should look into new flooring or carpeting in the near future.

Thumbs up for the reusable chopsticks! now for the food:

For organic Chinese this place is a haven. the serving sizes are served family style for dinner but if you go here for lunch they have the best lunch special (food and value).

The orange beef is my favorite...however sometimes it is a bit sweet. Their Chow Mein has great flavor texture and never greasy/oily!

Great for those who care about where their food comes from but misses good Chinese food. Thanks Renee's, you've saved my butt on many occasions.

warning about their shrimp though...not sure if it is wild. tasted farmed or at least not that fresh to me the one time I ordered it.

Reviewed 27 October 2015

This is a rare find -- excellent organic Chinese food. Easy to park nearby and Solano Avenue is the best place to walk in Albany or Berkeley

Reviewed 14 July 2015

I really enjoy the large, varied menu. Fabulous Chicken Dishes, delicious fried rice - never greasy or heavy and the Shrimp Dishes are also fantastic.

Reviewed 9 July 2015

We used to eat lunches here a long time ago and it was a good restaurant back then. However, we were invited to a birthday Dinner celebration, this past weekend,
and happily went, since we used to enjoy this restaurant.

UNFORTUNATELY, things have changed. Several people ordered chicken-lettuce cups, many of which were left uneaten because of nasty tastes. I ordered the orange chicken' which was my favorite in the past. The breading and the sauce were lovely, however there was NO chicken INSIDE any of the pieces that my wife and I ate!
We shared a mu shu prawns, which was so TINY that you could snort it instead of eating it. This dish is usually at least LARGE at most Chinese restaurants. In addition, the service was awful.
I could go on, but I won't.
I won't be fooled again!
SKIP this place.