“Great Sandwiches!”

Domenico's Italian Deli
Ranked #108 of 270 Restaurants in Alameda
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 10 September 2015

This is the spot if you want an amazing Sandwich for lunch that's not in anyway a Subway sandwich. They can get backed up so try and get there early if you can, it's worth it.

Reviewed 25 July 2015

Domenico's Italian Deli, established in 1982, is a MUST visit/eat when visiting the Island of Alameda, roaming the streets of Oakland or just passing through on I-880. Take the Posey Tube/Tunnel, which turns into Webster, and the restaurant is at the end of the road on the right. I have travelled the world, and I rate Domenico's as one of the best Deli's in the world. They were reaated BEST DELI of 2014 by Alameda Magazine. Their products are world class, their customer service is first class and the owner and workers have the most positive attitudes. It's a real pleasure to visit Domenico's. By the way, the food is FABULOUS! ENJOY!

Reviewed 5 November 2014

The Background: I live in Alameda and I order from here often. I went last Friday again and thought I'd review it.

The Good: Great sandwiches. Large drink, chip and cold salad selection. Homemade baklava. A lot of niche products. Real deli meats and cheeses, large bread selection. The staff have that 'New York' feel....not overtly friendly until they get to know you but always polite.

The Bad: Parking. This is a cash only business, which I am not a fan of. They close early to you will have to come for lunch or early dinner.

Final Verdict: I have been to 3 other delis on the island and this is my favorite one. I have not had a bad experience here yet (over 10+ visits in 2 years) and will continue to go. As long as I remember to bring cash!

1  Thank Aguy_nunyobidness
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We discovered this deli after a soccer game. We've been twice, and have been satisfied both times. They have an insane amount of chip and soda selections, as well as great sandwiches. Definitely a go-to in Alameda.