All reviews front desk staff were friendly full service hotel comfortable bed and pillows an extended stay hotel stores and restaurants safe neighborhood enjoyed my stay would stay here again stephanie oakland hairdryer toaster docks bay channels freeway path
Reviewed 18 July 2017

Truly enjoyed staying here. Staff was great and friendly when I first arrived. Internet very slow but definitely would stay here again if I could. The hotel was in a great and beautiful location with everything near.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Thank you for selecting Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda for your visit and for sharing your comments. We are happy to read that you liked our friendly associates and ideal location. It was great to have you here, and we look forward to your next stay with us soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

Great location for a wedding on one of the ships docked in harbor. Walking distance to dock. Walking distance to mall and stores and restaurants. Very scenic views. Rooms are ok. Basic. Tubs/shower was scratched up pretty bad, but seemed clean. Didn't use the kitchen other than fridge for beer and munchies! Wish it had a coffee maker! Bed wasn't as comfy as home, but ok. Nice lounge areas with great view of harbor on every floor which was great when your there with a group. Sat there and visited enjoying some beers with friends a couple times. The hallways smelled like food being cooked which was weird for a hotel. I guess people really do use those kitchens! Free parking was nice! Plenty of it!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest at Extended Stay America - Oakland – Alameda. We are delighted to read our facilities were adequate to your needs and that our location was perfect for your travel plans. We appreciate your business and hope you will return to our hotel soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

not worth the price. very old building, no upgrades, one hand towel in room, requested another but was told they were being washed, but never delivered it as promised. prepaid $149 when I booked the room and printed the confirmation email asproof but charged $188 at checkout. I showed the clerk the printout and was told the $34 discount would be credited to my credit card in 2-3 days. Very questionable that I will get it since they did not disclose this in the first place when I booked. Very difficult to find an honest hotel these days.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We take these matters very seriously and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

Enjoyed my room kitchen has a oven room was spacious I had no disturbance I would recommend this room to everyone I know I will choose over days inn any day of the week blah blah blah if I'm done writing my review why would you tell me to keep going so I can lie

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2017

Thanks for posting a review of your stay at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda. It’s our pleasure knowing you loved your room along with the kitchenette. We appreciate you recommending us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

If you have to go on one of the boats in the harbor, I would select another hotel and Uber to the harbor. The cost did not match the experience. Bring your own blow dryer, hand lotion, shower cap and decent size bottle of shampoo and conditioner. And don't be sad if you are looking down on the parking lot. Apparently for the cost of what you pay for these rooms you will likely not get a harbor view. So disappointing.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Oakland - Alameda, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

Please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations and for the inconvenience it caused. I am sorry your room did not have the amenities you desired or needed. Since our rooms are designed for guests staying multiple nights desiring home-like living, these guests often bring their own bath amenities such as hairdryers. These items are always available and complimentary at the front desk. We hope you will consider us again the next time you are in this area.