All reviews living room san francisco small kitchen bit dated full size refrigerator restaurants and shopping nothing fancy oakland airport bart station lagoon safeway shore microwave ferry
Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

I came back to my old stomping grounds, to enjoy my birthday, & pick up some documents!!! Coral Reef Inn, was conveniently located, with wifi, kitchenette, and free breakfast!!! The Inn was exactly what I needed!! The bus nearby, to Bart & the Oakland Airport!! I’ll stay again, loved it!!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Kathy P
Reviewed 25 October 2017

My wife booked this hotel from a popular Hotels website. It seemed like a little oasis next to the airport; however, it was far from that. The staff was nice and helpful. It all ended there. We rented a lagoon view room for about $200. When we found the room, the door was falling apart from someone trying to break in. There were screw driver marks all over the wood where they tried to pry it open, which was concerning. When we closed the door, there was a gap of light coming through 3 sides of the door (wondering if cockroaches would visit us in the night). When we got in, everything was extremely dated. I thought I walked into an apartment in the 70's. They must have done their shopping at Goodwill! Everything was stained from sweat, age and use. The couch was disgusting with brown sweat stains where people sat and "other" white stains. The lamp shades were supposed to be white, but they too were stained and faded along with the curtains. The curtains were old and shrank, so they didn't cover the windows completely. The deck chairs should be removed and thrown away. They were unusable altogether. The TV in the bedroom was an old CRT (tube) TV. Who uses those anymore? The cleanable spaces, were clean, like the bathroom and kitchen; however, everything was so old, you didn't want to touch it. Some of the light bulbs were out in the kitchen. I wish I would have known about this place before we booked. When we left for the airport, it left us with a sense of feeling dirty. Not a way you want to feel about spending $200 and a last romantic night in the Bay area.
Note: it only took us about 10 minutes or less to get to the airport at 6:30AM.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mgd505
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Only good aspect is it's within walking distance from a Trader Joe's. There's a full size refrigerator and kitchen with oven and microwave in each room, so that was handy when I wanted to make some food. I stayed here two nights, and if I ever return to Alameda, I'll try out the other places first. Beds were okay, a bit bouncy and soft for my taste. The front desk staff was very nice, but it was odd that any time I called the hotel from the phone in the room, no one would ever pick up. I always had to use my cell phone to call them in order to get anyone to answer.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Wanderer803794
Reviewed 21 September 2017

We stayed here for two nights while visiting my sister that lives nearby. When we got to the Motel we thought that it looked fine. We found that the parking was a little tight (narrow spaces) but that was manageable. When we entered our suite our first impression was that this was a pretty nice place and that we got lucky with our choice of motel.
Upon further inspection we found that the furniture was stained and fairly old. The kitchen light fixture only had 1 bulb that worked (out of 4), and that the deck had quite a few boards that were rotting (our neighbors had a worse looking deck).
The view over the canal was very nice and we found that the bed and pillows were comfortable.
We'll be back in the area visiting family again but we'll probably find someplace else to stay.
If you enlarge the photo of the couch you'll see how stained it is. Enlarge the photo of the view out the back window and you can see how the deck is rotting toward the outer rail.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 926EdH
Reviewed 14 August 2017

After reading reviews on TripAdvisor and checking the hotel's website, I booked a room for one night. The room was more of a suite, with a living area, kitchenette, and bedroom. It was very clean but everything was very old and falling apart. Old lamps, old chairs, old furniture, old televisions. The bathtub had stains in the grout and the toilet seat was discolored. There was a nice balcony, but the chairs out there were old and cracked. You could tell the housekeeping staff worked very hard to do what they could, but you can only do so much. It has the potential to be lovely but needs a lot of TLC.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo