“This dish will change your life.”
Review of Szechuan Place

Szechuan Place
Ranked #60 of 96 Restaurants in Agoura Hills
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 3 February 2017

Ok, my buddy lives nearby and while visiting him we ate here in 2014 and again last November. It's straight up legit Szechuan as told to me by others better versed in this area of foodie-ism but there is a dish I must share. A dish worth driving over 700 miles for. Well, it was one of the reasons. Order the "Hot Chili Oil Wantons" and the "Cold Beef Shank", but that's not all. With both dishes in front of you, remove the wantons and set aside, they're delicious by themselves. Take the beef portions and dip, down to the bottom of the Chili Oil, stir about then enjoy. It's amazing!!! My buddy stumbled upon this mix from a friend who was adventurous in his taste. The result: show stopping flavor!

Reviewed 26 December 2016

I'm not sure why this place has gotten 4.3 out of 5 stars. We went here on Christmas Day because it was open and because of all the "great reviews" on Google. Upon being seated at a dirty table, we were given dirty plates. When asked what we wanted to drink, we said cold water and were brought one glass of water 1/2 full with no ice and another glass of hot water. We ordered the vegetable kung pao and vegetable fried rice. The kung pao was not good at all, very strong vinegar flavor and the fried rice was overcooked. I've never in my life been served burnt fried rice before eating at this place. Service was not that great either. I honestly had a nasty aftertaste in my mouth for a bit after eating. Some hole in the wall places are the best, but not this place. Hands down the worst Chinese food I've ever had. Panda Express would be considered gourmet in comparison. Maybe it was an off day for them, but I will never return.

Reviewed 9 November 2016 via mobile

The food is good....I like their hot dishes.They also serve good amount of food.The behavior of the the staff is also good.

Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

The food was good. All spicy whether it had a Chile symbol or not. The service was horrible. I would have given them another star otherwise.

Reviewed 10 January 2016 via mobile

Real Sichuan (or however you would like to Romanise it) food as served in China, not the American lie of candied meat served in the majority of "Chinese" restaurants. Balanced flavours and spice, hearty portions, friendly service, good tea and a comfortable setting. 谢谢!我们会回来的。

2  Thank tnucuoy