“Little better than OK”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Alma
Laguna Niguel, California
“Little better than OK”
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Hotel is standard hotel except it DOES NOT HAVE AN ELEVATOR and it regularly rents the 2nd floor to customers. Breakfast was varied. Pre-cooked egg patties, ham, biscuits and sausage gravy, waffles, breads, oatmeal, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, pastries, coffee, and juices were available. They have an indoor jacuzzi, two stationary bikes, and a weight resistant machine for exercise. Room was downstairs and was a two bed queen suite. Nice and clean with many electrical outlets. Had new flat screen TV. This hotel is conveniently located right off highway 40 and is about 5 miles away from northern Fort Smith. They have a computer for business purposes.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
LARHotels_GuestRep, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
It’s pleasing that you remarked the perfect location of our hotel and that you noticed the cleanliness of our rooms. I apologize about not having an elevator. We hope to see you again so that we can provide the quality of service you expect.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 19 November 2011

My husband and I stayed at this Comfort Inn while visiting family in Van Buren/Ft. Smith, AR. We stayed in the hotel right down the way from the lobby. It was a very nice room. I have back problems so bring extra pillows with me. I slept pretty good doing that. Breakfast was good; free internet; pleasant staff. We would stay there again if we go to AR or pass through.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. It is very important for us that our guests feel comfortable and home. We are also delighted that you like the breakfast that we have for our guest. And we highly appreciate the kind words that you have for our staffs. I’ll make sure to let them know your comment as we always strive for the best customer experience. We look forward to your next visit.
Evergreen, Colorado
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Amisha Patel - the operations manager - was very helpful and accommodating.
Breakfast was good compared to the others we had experienced in N. Carolina, most having just cereal and sweet rolls. They had several choices, including 2 kinds of eggs and Canadian bacon - good if you got them while they were hot.

Room was fine - a typical motel room - but the bed was not particularly comfortable even thou they told us they had put in new beds in 2008. Otherwise the room was clean - I agree about the window coverings, no way to let in light without having the whole world look in.

We enjoyed playing games in the breakfast room on a rainy day. Also, the internet service was great - just one, I think, but convenient to the lobby.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main part of the hotel. Quieter and more convenient to amenities - espec...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
New York
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Stayed here for $77 for a room with two queens. Stains on the carpet, cigarette burn on the sheets. I threw away both the eggs and cereal from the complimentary breakfast because they were too stale to eat. Wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011
I’m deeply saddened by the experience that we had with our hotel. Thank you very much for drawing your attention to these problems. Rest assured that I will look into this matter and make sure that everyone is on the same page when it comes to dealing with our guest. Please accept my apology and I hope that you’ll come to visit us again with the new improvements that we have.

Travellers are raving about these Alma hotels

mystery, Georgia
Reviewed 29 September 2010

We decided to stay in the Comfort Inn & Suites in Alma, AR. We have used the same hotel chain for the rest of our extended vacation and have thoroughly enjoyed each of the hotels.
However, we found out the hard way that this hotel has a hotel and a "motel" section. [First time I have seen this feature in all my travels in the U.S. and overseas.] For some reason they put us in the motel section. We asked for a non-smoking room when we made our reservations. Inside the main hotel there is no smoking; but in the area they put us in there were people smoking right next door to us. They had the smoking "outside ash-tray" less than 2 doors down (and my husband is allergic to smoke)!!
We had a hard time finding outlets in the room. The refrigerator is plugged into the back of the microwave; while that microwave, coffeepot, and television are all plugged into an extension cord that went 10 feet to the outlet. On the other side of the room the wall outlet cover is broken (which allows you to easily see that there is no electric box in the wall. Although the alarm clock is plugged into one outlet by itself, the other outlet has an extension cord which has 2 lamps plugged into it, and another extension cord plugged into it. That is the only available place to plug in computers, etc. The extension cord plugged into the other extension cord provided us with 3 available outlets. To close our curtain we had to use a paper clip (that a previous guest must have left for that purpose). The ceiling cover in the bathroom displays at least a half-a-dozen dead bugs.
Though we knew ahead of time that there was only a hot tub (when we arrived we found that only 4 people can use it at one time-and it is the only one available for the entire hotel/motel).
You can hear car doors opening and closing and animals barking.
We spent the same amount of money in Tucson, AZ (at the same chain) and were at a VERY nice hotel!! IF I would rate Tucson at a 5 out of 5-- I then have to give Alma, AR a negative number!!! Since I would probably give the Tucson hotel a 4 out of 5, you can guess that Alma definitely gets a bad score.
I have never written a review before for any hotel I have stayed in (in the U.S. or overseas), however I felt the need to let others know of the sad conditions (at least in the motel section).

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank osquatroCs
I appreciate the feedback that you have for our hotel. I apologize for the inconvenience that you’ve experience with us. Rest assured that I’ll look into this matter and address these issues right away. Please accept my apology. We would be glad to get another chance to convince you entirely with our service quality.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alma
11.3 km away
Candlewood Suites Fort Smith
#4 of 22 in Fort Smith
19.3 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Smith

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!