Review Highlights
Wonderful time! A 'must do' adventure

We came here with another family, with kids ranging from 7 to 11. It was the first time horseback... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
V9016OHkellyb
Mesa, Arizona
via mobile
Great Ride

We had a wonderful experience. Wranglers were excellent! They made a couple of first time riders... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Quest61625471376
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Apache Junction
from USD 138.99
from USD 136.69
from USD 165.00
More Info
All reviews superstition mountains hour ride horseback riding great ride trail guide stunning landscape guide james city slickers gift shop lost dutchman wonderful guide goldfield ghost town apache trail a lot of fun denny horses riders
Reviewed 28 March 2018

We had an excellent one hour ride! Hank, our guide was very knowledgeable about the vegetation and answered all our questions. He also made it entertaining by throwing a few jokes in here or there. Would definitely ride with them again.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

OK Corral Stable in Apache Junction, AZ 480-982-4040

Buyer beware. To get in the saddle of the horse you must be able to boost yourself onto the horse from the left side of the horse. Their horses are not trained from the right side as this was discussed. If you are shorter or have strength or shoulder issues to get up onto the horse from the left side forget it. They refuse to let you use a stool, a stump or the fence to get yourself up. They assisted my kids but not me. They don't post this anywhere on a sign or tell you this before you pay.
If your family is already on the horses; they humiliate you in front of other people and say sorry you can't ride. They say it is because you may not be able to control the horse but the horses they have are so tame walking on the same trails day after day so this is false. I was disappointed they don't accommodate people. Other horse back riding businesses we've been to have accommodated this issue for me. Now we know in advance to ask these questions of other horse back riding businesses before we make reservations. What a vacation memory I have. I wanted you to know.

3  Thank Anne E
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

We did a 90 minute ride. The horses were gentle. The scenery was amazing. The guide was knowledgeable about the area, flora, fauna, horses & trail riding. He had a sense of humor, and shared it freely.
I would recommend OK Corral.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

March 7, 2018 I visited the OK Corral again - I come every March when baseball spring training is ongoing. My 90-min ride at the OK Corral was everything I wished! The serene scenery of all the different types of cactus & succulents framing views of the Superstitious mountains was simply wonderful. My horse Laser was responsive to the mildest directions. Guide James kept us entertained with jokes and stories, as well as sharing fun-facts about Arizona's history, landscapes, characters and culture. I love this place! 35 miles and 45 minutes from downtown Scottsdale and worth the trip.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Great place to take someone horseback riding. They make sure your horse is matched up to your experience. Our guide Wayne was very knowledgeable and helpful. Very friendly, beautiful and friendly experience.

Date of experience: November 2017