All reviews auburn university hotel restaurant within walking distance beautiful hotel place to stay camp war eagle two blocks toomer's corner breakfast buffet downtown area conference center the location is perfect southern hospitality campus visit my daughter several years in town
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We stayed here during a week long college tour. The hotel is located directly across the street from Auburn University. It is about two blocks from the downtown shopping and dining area. The lobby, restaurant, and downstairs meeting and event space are beautiful. The staff are very friendly and happy to share their experiences at the university. Parking is free and abundant. We had breakfast in the restaurant and the buffet is very good with lots of choices. Once you head up to the floors where the rooms are things change a bit. Our king room was so full of oversized and outdated furniture that it was hard to find places to put our 2 suitcases. Mine ended up in front of the air conditioning unit. As mentioned by other reviewers these things are loud and go on and off continually during the night. When trying to access anything from my suitcase I was blasted in the face and had to wait until it shut off to get anything. The plug/light switch in the bathroom was falling out of the wall. Although the light worked the outlet did not. The window in our room was coated with what looked like hard water stains so you could hardly see out. In general the room was outdated, dark, and generally not very inviting. The location can't be beat. The staff are great. It feels as though this hotel is relying on it's location to keep people coming. I guess most people visiting Auburn don't spend much time in their rooms anyway, we didn't.

Date of stay: March 2018
Auburn-Hotelier, Manager at The Hotel at Auburn University, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear KrysDenver_CO,
Thank you very much for being a recent guest of ours at The Hotel at Auburn University, and for offering us your honest feedback regarding your visit.

While I'm happy to hear that you found the hotel conveniently located, our staff extremely helpful and friendly, and certain amenities to be to your liking, I sincerely apologize about the numerous issues you had during your stay regarding your guest room.

While I am certainly discouraged when we receive a negative review, as Auburn University's training hotel, we use these instances with our students and professionals as teachable moments that we learn from, in order to identify and eliminate service deficiencies in all areas of our operations. The defects your found in your hotel room were immediately handled by our engineering team but clearly should have been caught in our preventative maintenance process.

Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope that on your next visit to Auburn, you might grant us the opportunity to provide you with the type of experience that you would expect and deserve from The Hotel at Auburn University.

Kind regards,
Hans van der Reijden · Managing Director, Hotel Operations & Educational Initiative

Reviewed 2 April 2018

First time staying here and had a good stay. The hotel is in the center of town and convenient to campus. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Had a good variety for breakfast at the hotel. We stayed on the executive floor and the pantry was nice to have. Will definitely stay again if we have to travel back to Auburn.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Mike R,
Thank you very much for staying at The Hotel at Auburn University and for providing us with your feedback. I truly appreciate your comments about how nice you thought the hotel was and its close proximity to campus. We hear this a lot from our guests as they are surprised when they arrive for the first time and realize that by crossing the street that they are in the heart of campus and that they can stroll to downtown from the hotel without having to get in their car.

All of our team go out of their way each day to ensure that our guests have a flawless experience, whether it is in the restaurant, at the front desk, on the executive floor, or in the housekeeping department. It is this mix of enthusiasm and true Southern hospitality that makes this hotel, and Auburn such a special place.

When your travels bring you back to Auburn, we look forward to welcoming you back to The Hotel at Auburn University!

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Fantastic property! Everything here was great. From the incredible hospitality, clean comfortable rooms to the food there wasn't a chink in the armor.
Check-in was a breeze, the rooms were everything you'd need and I never heard a soul whenever I was in the room.
The executive lounge was stocked well and kept clean while the restaurant in the hotel is fabulous as well.
There are a few places where every staff member you interact with seems to absolutely enjoy their job...this is one. We were always greeted as we walked by and asked multiple times is there was anything they could do for us. Great job!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Auburn-Hotelier, Manager at The Hotel at Auburn University, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Dear Olineman,
Thank you so much for staying with us on your recent trip to Auburn, and for taking a moment to share your experience with us. What a kind and amazing review of your time!

I'm so happy to hear that everything with your stay went so well. All of our team go out of their way each day to ensure that our guests have a flawless experience, whether it is in the restaurant, at the front desk, or in the housekeeping department. It is this mix of enthusiasm and true Southern hospitality that makes this hotel, and Auburn such a special place. We are so glad you got to utilize and enjoy the executive lounge.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed in a room with two queen beds which was located on the second floor. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. A DAR convention was taking place while we were there and the hotel was packed. We had no problems with noise.
The hotel was within walking distance of my daughters interview and was conveniently located near restaurants and boutiques. I thought the hotel restaurant was expensive and did not eat there. We wanted to explore Auburn’s eateries and the front desk personnel gave us excellent suggestions. The hotel bar is open until midnight which was appreciated after a 6.5 hr drive and late arrival
They have a workout room and an outdoor pool. We didn’t get a chance to use either of these.
The front desk people, manager,housekeeping well, just about everyone we interacted with were great! We would recommend this establishment to anyone traveling to Auburn

Trip type: Travelled on business
Auburn-Hotelier, Manager at The Hotel at Auburn University, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear Kentucky Bell,

Reviewed 8 March 2018

Room key didn't work, and replacement key didn't work either. Room service took an hour (I went down and asked if they were busy and they said no) and it arrived cold, as if it had been sitting out for that hour. It was disgusting, and I didn't eat it. They overcharged my card. Oh, and there were stains on the pillow. Do yourself a favor and stay anywhere else. Overpriced for a terrible experience.

Room tip: I stayed on the top floor because it was supposed to be quieter, but it was still noisy.
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ecrensh

Dear Ecrensh,

Thank you for sharing your feedback by means of your TripAdvisor review as well as your call today with Adam. This is obviously not up to our standards and I hope you will allow me the opportunity to make this right for you on your next visit to Auburn.

I am truly sorry that you experienced cold food and stains on the pillows. I am happy though that we were able to get this resolved for you today, however if I can be of further assistance please reach out directly to me at hans@auhcc.com or by phone at 334-321-3178.

Hans van der Reijden