1,964 results
All reviews thomas circle rooftop pool spiral shower wine hour zentan restaurant front desk soaking tub chocolate covered strawberries white house yoga mat bottle of champagne logan circle mini bar boutique hotel upon check water pressure the entire staff
Reviewed 10 April 2017

I was recently in DC for a 10 day business trip. The staff were friendly and helpful throughout my whole stay. They really took it to a new level when I mentioned that my husband was coming in for the weekend. They upgraded us to a beautiful suite for a nominal fee. This was the weekend in March that the temperature dropped dramatically and it snowed. At first we were disappointed not to be able to go sight seeing but we enjoyed the suite and the city views so much the weekend turned out to be a success. I highly recommend Kimpton Donovan.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Dragan A, Assistant General Manager at Kimpton Donovan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2017

Dear Heather P,

Thank you for the lovely review. I'm happy that the cold weather didn't influence your stay.

Now, we need to plan a new visit since the weather is beautiful and our rooftop is open.

See you soon.

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

We loved everything about staying at the Kimpton Donovan. Great spot in DC to stay and very accommodating. They were helpful and friendly in every way. Also we loved the roof top bar. A fun stay in DC.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Dragan A, Assistant General Manager at Kimpton Donovan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

Dear Emily M,

Thank you very much for the outstanding review. I'm very happy to see that you had a nice time at Donovan Hotel.

All the best.

Reviewed 8 April 2017

I have been to multiple Kimpton hotels. This one was by far the nicest. The staff was very friendly. The room was absolutely stunning!! It had 3 60' HDTVs. An amazing stylish bedroom with a super comfortable king bed. I also loved the tub!! Not one speck of dirt/ dust in this hotel.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank ashleigh c
Dragan A, Assistant General Manager at Kimpton Donovan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2017

Dear Ashleighcoop,

Thank you kindly for the fantastic review. I'm euphoric that you were impressed by our hotel and I would love to welcome you back as soon as possible.

Thank you for the big compliment for our Housekeeping team who are in charge of keeping our hotel spotless.

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

I used the Donovan for my anniversary. I could not be more overehelmed by the care and patience the staff had for my experience.

I worked with Maggie to get everything right for that night. I know I called and emailed a lot but she was always kind, courteous and so helpful. I cannot say enough good things about Maggie. But, I also must say working with David was a pleasure as well. He was always kind and helpful if Maggie was not available.

The room was exactly as advertised. Clean and a stylish design.

What amazed me is the cost free additions to my anniversary. Expecting extra charges for room set up I was pleasantly surprised to learn that the champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, and rose pedals on the bed were complimentary. Those were my requests but Maggie took it a step further and had ideas to add to the evening. Such as having a photo of us on the bed in the middle of the rose pedal heart.

I can highly recommend this hotel for an anniversary. Not just because the room was amazing, not just because all of these must-haves for an anniversary were complimentary but because the staff was beyond extraordinary.

I truly appreciate Maggie's assistance to make my night perfect. And thank you to David, again, for being a helping hand in the process.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Justin R,

Thank you for celebrating your anniversary with us. I'm euphoric that we were able to make your day special and I'm glad that Meggie and David were there for you. They area gems.

Whenever you are ready for a staycation, we would love to have you back.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

We were in Washington D.C. for a convention, and the hotel was about 5 short blocks away from the Convention Center.. The outstanding experience for us was the warm, welcoming attitude of the staff, especially Maggie Arnold (ask for her).My husband joked about really taking us feel at home and having champagne sent to the room, and---there it was! (we returned it).

Room tip: Actually, it was expensive, but I guess not for the standards of the area.
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Dragan A, Assistant General Manager at Kimpton Donovan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2017

Dear Sheilag1818,

Thank you kindly for the 5-star review. I'm so happy that you had a chance to meet Maggie. She is Amazing. I will be sure to give her a hug.

I hope you will visit us again very soon.