“Delicious food ”
Review of Surfside

Surfside
Ranked #495 of 3,666 Restaurants in Washington DC
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

The food is very delicious, not a lot of seating available but you can make it work. There is a lot of food, so if you can always share it. I really recommend this place.

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

Efficient service, gets you through the line of people and gets your food out to you quickly. The place was lively with a late night crowd since we went during peak bar hours which drew us into see what the line was for. I’m glad we stopped they had awesome shrimp tacos (Nevis). The tortilla chips sucked however the rest of the food was excellent. The chicken enchilada soup was honestly some of the best I’ve ever had. I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 3 July 2018

We checked in to our Dupont Circle hotel late at night and had not yet eaten dinner. around 11pm on a weeknight we went out looking for food and found that most places had already closed for the night. We wanted something local and not a chain restaurant, and consulted TripAdvisor for a highly rated late night restaurant in the area. I am SO GLAD we tried this place! Caution: They do not have indoor seating - this is more like a food-court style counter-service restaurant, but very authentic and very flavorful. They have outdoor patio seating and we saw a very diverse crowd eating there - people who were clearly very wealthy, people who were clearly very poor, along with racial variety for both classes of black, white, latino, and asian. The food was ready about 5 to 8 minutes after we ordered and was delicious. I would highly recommend this place to anyone staying in this neighborhood. Also, note, their full menu is only available during daytime hours. After a certain time at night they have a more limited menu... BUT are still open 24 hours! Yay!

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

It’s 1:30 AM and you need a meal to absorb that alcohol - this is your spot. Everything is prepared to order, fresh and effin-delicious. All authentic cuisine. I. Love. Surfside!

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

The Mexican food here is great though considering this is essentially a roadside stand, the prices are more like sit down dinner prices