“For Conferences Only”
Review of Washington Hilton

Washington Hilton
Ranked #104 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I was staying at this hotel for a conference. It has extensive space for large gatherings and hotel staff are efficient, experienced and friendly. Hotel restaurant food was better than expected: my steak was very edible.
But this is not a hotel I would choose for a holiday, in spite of its good location and only 7 minutes walk to the metro. The reasons are as follows.
The hotel is not pretty. While it is maintained and everything works, the corridors feel ugly and the room doors are of ugly green metal. I had a tour of The Pentagon and its corridors and doors were more attractive the this hotel's.
The hotel has an ok gym, but hotel guests are charged 10 dollars per session. I have never stayed at a hotel which charged guests for using its gym.
Perhaps surprisingly for a conference hotel, the bar seemed quite dead.

Luxury, charm, a good place to relax, drink champagne, be among nicely-dressed people(!) - for all these things you should go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Get a room at the front and on a high floor (there are plenty of lifts) to get great views of Washin...
2  Thank barfly67
Ellen F, Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review the Washington Hilton. We're pleased to hear you found our staff friendly, our food delightful and our location convenient. It's unfortunate you were not personally wowed by our decor, but with a $150M recently renovated product it is something we do pride ourselves on. We hope the next time you visit DC you will return to the Washington Hilton.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Stayed at the Washington Hilton for a night last week. The hotel is well-located between Dupont Circle and Adams Morgan and Kalorama. Very walkable. If you're toting heavy bags, use the Woodley Park or Columbia Heights metro stops on your way to the hotel, since those walks are mostly flat or down-hill (the Dupont Circle stop would involve having to walk up-hill for a little bit).

Had dinner at the hotel bar and the food was decent, the liquour was better, and the service was superb.

The room was very spacious and comfortable, and had a great view of downtown DC. Had the Washington Monument lined up with my window and could watch the planes line up to land at National airport. Very pretty.

Would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Monument.
2  Thank Irfan N
Ellen F, Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review the Washington Hilton. Our location is very convenient to those travelling to DC and it's great to hear you enjoyed our spacious rooms. We hope to host you again on your next trip to DC!

Reviewed 9 February 2012

This is my second time staying at the Washington Hilton. The customer service is top notch from the time you arrive to when you check out. My only complaint is the paper thin walls. I do not like being awoken in the morning by my neighbors alarm clock or hearing them on the phone. It is my only complaint as everything else at the hotel is top notch. I understand they recently did a makeover it looks great and the brand new coffee bar is outstanding. The coffee was great!!

1  Thank TravlinGirl17
Ellen F, Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review the Washington Hilton. So happy to hear you experienced our exemplary service. Should you have any noise issues in the future please feel free to contact our management and they'll be happy to put you in a room that awards 100% satisfaction. Please return to the Washington Hilton the next time you travel to DC.

Reviewed 6 February 2012

The Washington Hilton is close to mostly everything. Located in DuPont circle and surrounded by great little restaurants, although the hotel food is pretty amazing too! I walked to the capital, White House, MLK Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, and Georgetown. It's conveniently located by a Riteaid, so picking up little things for the trip was easy. Hotel was very clean and beds were comfy. The room is a decent size. Room service is excellent! Housekeeping does not mess around. If you do not have your Do Not Disturb sign on your door, you will be getting knocks on the door by 8am from housekeeping. The hotel walls are a bit thin. If the hotel is slow, you'll sleep fine. If there are any major conventions....not so much. The room ac/heater is loud. I actually thought my neighbors ac/heater was mine, and could not figure out why my unit was running....until I realized I could hear the rooms unit next door through the walls.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank ToastedBean
Ellen F, Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review the Washington Hilton. It sounds as though you had a fantastic DC experience by utilizing our convenient location. Our hotel food is something we take pride in and it’s great to hear you enjoyed our restaurants as well as room service. I regret to hear that the room had some noise issues, when you return to the Washington Hilton on your next trip to DC please always feel free to reach out to hotel management to ensure your experience is as flawless as possible.

Reviewed 3 February 2012

Hi friends
I like to share that This is my second most favorite hotel. And my first one is in hotelquito.com
in quito. It is named as i spell, Both of hotels are too good in their service and facility. I like to visit them again.
thanks
David
For my first best hotel www.hotelquito.com
For my second favorite hotel www.washingtonhilton.com

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review the Washington Hilton. So happy to hear we have made the short list for your favorite hotels! Our facility and service are unrivalled in DC and we are always so pleased to know you felt that pride in your experience with us. Please plan to return to the Washington Hilton on your next trip to DC.