Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Justin J F

Family Staycation

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 21 July 2021via mobile
My family was cautiously optimistic about our first post-pandemic stay(cation). Despite the negative reviews, we had such an enjoyable stay at the Beacon. Right in the middle of D.C. the hotel had well-kept, clean and spacious rooms. The front desk attendant Raul deserves mention. It appeared that the hotel was single-staffed but he made sure that we were taken care of. From check-in to valet service to directing us to where we could get a Dr. Pepper for my youngest son, we couldn't have asked for better customer service. The facility did seem a bit outdated compared to the newer more modern hotels in the area, but you can't replace top-tier customer service like we received at the Beacon.
Date of stay: July 2021
Room Tip: Public parking not available
Trip type: Travelled with family
Responded 4 Aug 2021
Thank you for your kind comments and for staying at Beacon Hotel Dc. Our staff is all-superstar. Service passionate and ready to assist, we are looking forward to hosting you again.
AU$347
    AU$605
1.7 km from The Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters
View more hotels in Washington DC
1,913 results
All reviews dupont circle white house rooftop bar front desk staff few blocks location is great national mall metro station kitchenette dishwasher bellman neighborhood uber
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 July 2021

I rarely leave reviews but feel the need to comment on the excellent customer service I received at the Beacon Hotel. Since I travel for work, I've been to a number of hotels in the DMV area. I arrived rather late and the hotel I usually stay at was fully booked. Thankfully, I was able to reserve a room at the Beacon. Unfortunately, I was unable to catch the name of the front desk who was extremely accommodating and patient provided it was pretty busy. The fact that he was a Spanish speaker was a plus and made check-in a breeze. He truly went over and beyond to make sure guests were taken care of. The rooms were clean and comfortable with a beautiful view of Dupont Circle. I will be staying at the Beacon whenever I get the chance to and would highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting DC.

Room tip: Look out for a young gentleman working front desk and you'll be taken care of :)
Date of stay: June 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Raimondo Russo, Other at The Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2021

Thank you for your kind comments and for staying at Beacon Hotel Dc. Our staff is all-superstar. Service passionate way and ready to assist, we are looking forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 15 June 2021

I am HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED with this hotel. I had a reservation booked for this hotel this past weekend and I called to confirm on June 4th. I spoke directly with a person who confirmed that the hotel would be open and that I had a room reserved for Friday-Sunday for 5 people. When I arrived to D.C. Friday evening, I found the hotel to be closed. I double checked my e-mail to confirm that I did not receive a message stating that the hotel would be closed and that my reservation had been cancelled and I had not. I was now stranded in D.C. with nowhere to stay for the weekend. I had specifically booked this room as it could accommodate 5 people in a single room for a reasonable rate. Thankfully I found another hotel nearby that was more than accommodating and appalled when I told them what had happened. I have reached out to the Beacon Hotel to discuss the incident as I strongly believe some sort of compensation should be provided as I had directly spoken with someone a week prior confirming my reservation, but they have yet to respond to me. It is safe to say I will never be booking with this hotel again.

Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank KodaKid0529
Raimondo Russo, Other at The Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2021

Good afternoon,

I want to extend our sincerest apologies for this mishap. The hotel has been closed since the end of March 2020 due to the unfortunate circumstance of the COVID- 19 pandemic.

We did not approve any site to sell rooms on behalf of the hotel. I kindly ask you to provide us with the information about the reservation you booked. You can send it to dcontreras@beaconhotelwdc.com so we can further investigate this.

We would love to have you come back. If you do decide to return please reach out to me directly as well, I will be able to provide you with our VIP rate.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Diane Contreras
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 21 May 2021

I'm going to DC to take my medical school board exam at the Prometric testing center. I booked a room here on their website because it's in walking distance. When I checked their website the week prior to confirm when their check-in/out times were, I saw a banner that said the hotel was closed until after my reservation was supposed to be! I called their customer service line and they confirmed the hotel was still closed due to COVID-19, and that my reservation had been "cancelled". I received absolutely no communication that my reservation was no longer valid. If I hadn't double checked myself, I would have arrived in DC with no place to spend the night before one of the most important tests of my life. Reading other reviews, it seems this has happened to multiple people. I'm wary of doing business with this place ever again.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business

Good morning Justin,

I look forward to hearing from you.

Diane Contreras
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 24 March 2020

hotel fine. all personnel very courteous and helpful. There just wasn't much going on because of the virus situation. virtually the only dining option was a CVS a few blocks away. Location of hotel quite good for walking around.

Date of stay: March 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank barrysh
GaryB4351, General Manager at The Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2020

Dear Barrysh.

Yes very strange times. Thank you for staying with us. Unfortunately we had to close down our food and beverage operation per the Mayor.

Hopefully I can buy you a nice dinner at the Hotel when all this is over.

Glad you found us friendly and helpful under the circumstances.

GB

Reviewed 9 March 2020

Had stayed here for 2 nights on a personal trip. The room was clean, spacious and the bed was comfortable. The wifi worked well. The location of the hotel is great for tourists that want to see the historical landmarks of Washington DC. The White House is within a 10-15 minute walking distance. It’s also only a short walk away to most other main attractions. It’s close to quite a few good restaurants with different cuisines too.

Date of stay: July 2019
1  Thank amarpuri90
GaryB4351, General Manager at The Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2020

Dear amarpuri,

Thank you so much for your kind comments. Our location is second to none.

Wondering why we only got 4/5.

We are in the 5 Star Business.

Hope when you come back we can achieve that,

GB/GM