Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters
USD 470*
USD 424*
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
USD 212*
USD 187*
  • Room Service
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
USD 263*
USD 228*
USD 303*
USD 280*
USD 503*
USD 458*
The Watergate
  • Pool
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
USD 309*
USD 253*
  • Breakfast included
USD 223*
USD 170*
Official Website
  • Restaurant
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
USD 251*
USD 194*
USD 280*
USD 217*
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
USD 223*
USD 203*
1,373 results
All reviewsdupont circlewhite housenational geographic museumrooftop barfront desk staffroom keyking suitefew blocksbusiness centervalet parkingconvenient locationwhole foodsmetro stationbrunchkitchenettedishwasherfarragut
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Selected this hotel due to location and price (considerably less than nearby hotels). Hotel lobby and guest elevators are rather small and somewhat dingy. Stayed in a standard room with King bed, which was not spacious but big enough. Bathroom was small and cramped. The weather was unusually mild for February in DC, and the room was a little hot when I arrived. Turned on the "AC" but the hotel's master system apparently was still set to heat because the "AC" only made the room warmer. Turned it off; had to open/close the window to control room temperature. Another inconvenience was that the only "unoccupied" electrical outlet (where you could plug something in without unplugging something else) was in the bathroom. There is a very small business center in the basement with a few computers. The restaurant connected to the hotel is actually pretty good, especially for breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Hectortorres, Guest Relations Manager at Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Thank you very much for staying at the Beacon Hotel for your recent visit to Washington, DC. We would like to express sincere appreciation to you for providing us your constructive feedback. We look forward to the day when we can welcome you once again.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

For the price I paid i was very pleased with the room. The decor and furnishing were very nice. Bed was very comfortable. Location was great and only a short walk to the closest metro. I had to up the heat in the room because there was a significant draft that was blowing cold air into the room. I had to plug up the window sill with a towel. Hector at the front desk on 2/19/12 was very helpful and went out of his way to make my stay very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room that faces Rhode Island St. There is construction across the street from the hotel and the noise from the work being done woke me up pretty early.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

We would like to convey our sincere gratitude to you for taking the time to share with everyone how much you enjoyed the Beacon Hotel. It is always excellent to know that guests realize the hard work of the staff. Hector is really humbled by your kind appraisal and wants to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. We look forward to your return the next time you are in Washington, DC.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

We stayed at the Beacon Hotel for one night in D.C. The location is convenient, and we chose to stay here based on the family value package that we purchased through the Beacon's own website.

Check in was easy, but valet parking is the only parking option, which will cost you about $33/night. Our room was adequate on the 5th floor, but the bathroom was rather small. The toiletries were not impressive -- one unmarked container of shampoo, and another container of lotion. No conditioner, but there were plenty of towels and two bars of soap. Our room was also directly across the street from construction, which started around 6am and was fairly disruptive.

We did have some issues. First, we had to ASK and make sure that we received all of the discount from the family value package that we purchased. The staff had to "look into" each and every one of the discounts to ensure we were correct, including discounts on meals, half off on parking, and the free bottle of champagne we were to receive. Everything was a bigger deal than it needed to be. We found out at checkout that a lot of specials had been added, but the employees had not been informed and kept up to date of these changes.

We also had issues with the TV in our room. It stopped working while changing the channels, and was not able to be turned on or off. The front desk did send someone up to repair it relatively quickly, and then we had no further issues.

The meals were pretty expensive, but that may just be the norm for D.C., but both my husband and I had some stomach issues following the meals that we ate at the Beacon restaurant. We had no issues from the lunch that we ate outside of the hotel, so we are accrediting our issues to the hotel's food.

Overall, the room itself was decent, seemed to be pretty clean, and although the bathroom was small, it was fine. Our main issues were with customer service/communication and the food. If you are looking for an inexpensive room for one night, this hotel will suffice, but I would definitely recommend looking elsewhere for better service with comparable prices, and be wary of the restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kim W
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stayed at the Beacon for one night while in D.C. on business. The hotel is conveniently located just a few blocks from the Metro, so I walked there from my Metro stop in the middle of the day. There were numerous homeless people on the street, and I felt somewhat uncomfortable walking by myself, even in broad daylight. Checkin was easy and fast; the staff was extremely personable and quick. The room was not fancy, but fine other than the big wet spot in the middle of the bathroom floor that I stepped in shortly after arriving. The toiletries were not very high quality. The street in front of the hotel is not particularly busy, and my room was very quiet. I ate breakfast in the restaurant the next morning, and the food was fine - not fabulous, but very satisfactory. Checkout was again fast and easy, with the same very personable staff member checking me out as checked me in. All in all, this was a decent hotel choice, particularly for the price, but not particularly luxurious and not somewhere I would want to stay for more than one night.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

The comments of NashJD are greatly appreciated and we hope that they will come back soon.

Reviewed 13 February 2012

Went to DC for an extended weeked. The Beacon was a great choice. Walking distance to Dupont Cirle...and a quick ride into Georgetown. Convenient to the subway as well. Great stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends