This hotel was chosen for me after their sister hotel was overbooked and they sent me here (with no prior notice and at 11pm at night) I had a confirmed reservation, so this did not sit well with me. It took me 15 to get from one hotel to this hotel because of DC traffic and one way streets and also bad directions.
I arrived at the hotel late at night and was quickly annoyed at the disorganized front desk staff. They wanted me to repay for my prepaid room, they couldn't figure out how to charge parking and internet to the corporate account I had (that should have been allowed to be charged to) and they were quite annoyed at my questions about coffee, parking and locations.
I finally got up to my room and it is quite large. Easily twice the size of a normal room in that area of DC. The furnishings were nice. Everything was pretty clean. The room late out was very odd and the bathroom sliding door was pretty annoying. The TV was an old tube style and some of the linens were somewhat dated.
The temperature issue was the most annoying. It was too hot in the room all night and I could not get it to cool down. I would have pushed the issue with the staff if it wasn't already so late, but made for a restless night sleep.
I had to leave for my meeting pretty early, so all said and done it was less than 12 hours in the hotel. It was OK for price and location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Beacon Hotel creates the perfect setting where guests can "Work, Relax and Play" in an atmosphere that is contemporary, welcoming and elegant. This summer enjoy the benefits of an extraordinary location, from where you can walk to the Smithsonian Museums and Monuments all within an easy walk or short metro ride, walk four blocks to The White House, off "Embassy Row" famous for stunning Diplomatic residences, yet equally convenient to the centers of business of "K Street" and Connecticut Ave. The Walter E Washington Convention Center, The cool restaurants and Night life of Dupont Circle and 14th Street. Two Metro stations are within easy walk. Accommodations include spacious deluxe rooms and our popular "Corporate Quarter Suites" inspired by New York Style studio living, featuring pantries, dining and living areas that complement the lifestyles of our guests with spacious accommodations. Ideal settings whether you are traveling with family, an urban explorer or if you are seeking a romantic escape. The Beacon Bar & Grill presents excellent dining and entertainment options: alfresco dining in season, an elegant dining room, light fare and creative cocktails are featured in season in our Sky-Bar rooftop lounge. Featuring creative American cuisine drawing inspiration from comfort foods, international cuisine and seasonal offerings. Our Saturday and Sunday Champagne Brunch, have been voted amongst the "Top Five" Champagne Brunches in the city for over 10 years running. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotelopia so you can book your Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beacon Hotel And Corporate Quarters
- Beacon Hotel Corporate Quarters
- Beacon Hotel Washington Dc
- Beacon Hotel Dc