“Not terrible . . . but I wouldn't do it again.”

Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters
Ranked #104 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Nashville, Tennessee
“Not terrible . . . but I wouldn't do it again.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stayed at the Beacon for one night while in D.C. on business. The hotel is conveniently located just a few blocks from the Metro, so I walked there from my Metro stop in the middle of the day. There were numerous homeless people on the street, and I felt somewhat uncomfortable walking by myself, even in broad daylight. Checkin was easy and fast; the staff was extremely personable and quick. The room was not fancy, but fine other than the big wet spot in the middle of the bathroom floor that I stepped in shortly after arriving. The toiletries were not very high quality. The street in front of the hotel is not particularly busy, and my room was very quiet. I ate breakfast in the restaurant the next morning, and the food was fine - not fabulous, but very satisfactory. Checkout was again fast and easy, with the same very personable staff member checking me out as checked me in. All in all, this was a decent hotel choice, particularly for the price, but not particularly luxurious and not somewhere I would want to stay for more than one night.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Hectortorres, Guest Relations Manager at Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
The comments of NashJD are greatly appreciated and we hope that they will come back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Jersey City, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

Went to DC for an extended weeked. The Beacon was a great choice. Walking distance to Dupont Cirle...and a quick ride into Georgetown. Convenient to the subway as well. Great stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Washington, DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

I live in Washington, but stayed at this hotel because my husband had a work assignment that meant he had to stay at the hotel for several days, and I joined him. I haven't stayed in the rooms at other DC hotels, although I have gotten familiar with the restaurants/bars in some of them and have been in the rooms when friends have been here to visit. This hotel is just adequate. It is by no means in the league of the luxe DC hotels like the Mayflower, Willard, Hay Adams, Jefferson, Four Seasons -- which I am sure are also far more expensive. However, if the prices here are comparable to one of the many Kimpton hotels in the area, I would recommend checking out the Kimpton hotels. These are boutique-type hotels, but I think generally reasonable in terms of prices. The Tabard Inn is also in this neighborhood, and might be an option (although it is on the old side, and I haven't seen a room there.) The room at the Beacon was just adequate; on the small side, and was clean. But extremely bland and generic. Furnished like a very mid-range hotel (perhaps a Doubletree). The bathroom was quite dated -- small bathtub not suitable for bathing, small sink. There was a "free" breakfast included in the price of our stay. This amounted to a danish, some fruit, a glass of orange juice from concentrate, average coffee. If you are not a carb eater, you will have to order off the menu (very average omelet for $14). The design of the hotel lobby and restaurant is off. It tries to be stylish, but just misses the mark by the extreme "busy-ness" of the decor. There will be some cool elements (e.g., stylish lighting fixtures, use of bamboo style wood at the desk), but these are combined with really ugly and unstylish ceilings, wall treatments, etc. The staff at check-in weren't all that friendly, but they weren't terrible. The maids in the hall were very nice and friendly. The neighborhood is in DuPont Circle, and I think that this would be a good area from which to explore DC. Relatively close to the Metro, and near some neighborhoods that will be nicer to explore in the evenings than downtown DC. Bottom line: I think you can probably do better in DC.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Buben
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2012

I don't think that I have ever had great customer service at any hotel that I have been to except the Beacon Hotel. Despite the rooms not being all that great, I came into the hotel lost and was welcomed in by Terecita, who greeted me with a smile. I laughed because I was sure that she was being extra courteous, but I still enjoyed the hostility. She was very helpful in assisting us with our accomodations, and she even let us talk to Marcus, who was more than happy to help. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone that needs a place to stay where the front desk is more than helpful. A little bit noisy in the hallways, and needs free Wi-Fi. The customer service helped me to look past the stay. Thanks guys!

Room Tip: Just talk to Terecita or Marcus, and they will help you out!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Summit Point, West Virginia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

My husband and I stayed in mid-December. The room we stayed in was clean and classy. Was happy with the staff. However, the noise in the hallways was unacceptable. I also wasn't happy with Wi Fi Internet charges. Most hotels these days offer free internet. There is no complimentary coffee in the mornings either.The manager did give me a credit of $25 valet parking for my issue of noise. Nice hotel but probably will not return unless they install sound proof walls, free coffee and free internet like most hotels do.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple