2,344 results
All reviews dupont circle dog park memory foam new hampshire small kitchenette u street wine hour nice neighborhood corner room quiet street safe neighborhood front desk staff few blocks embassy row metro station dc area valet parking
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at the Kimpton-they were friendly, conveniently located in DuPont Circle, and had coffee in the morning (albeit not in the room). Some downsides were the incredibly hard bed. Although we believe it was a nice tempurpedic mattress, it felt like a rock!! I literally got a muscle massage from laying on it. Another downside was the tiny bathroom without a fan! Sharing a room with someone and not having a fan in the bathroom could get smelly :) despite these negatives, I would stay there again. We did have a discount because we were there with a wedding block.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Thomas_Fraher, General Manager at Kimpton Carlyle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Hi Rachel L,

Thanks for staying with us over a wedding weekend. I am pleased you enjoyed our central location and the lobby coffee, and please know we have in-room coffee makers available upon request. Please accept my apologies for the Tempurpedic mattress not agreeing with you. You may not hear it, but the exhaust fans in all of our bathrooms are always on; more of a centralized system.

We look forward to your next visit,

Reviewed 7 January 2018

staff. Very close to Phillips Collection and good
restaurants. Beds are comfortable, rooms
Well appointed. Just avoid Washington in the
winter - it was 11 degrees! However, I would definitely come
Back to the Kimpton Carlyle!

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank 759shellieb

Hello 759shellieb,

Sorry for the frigid temperatures, but I trust you were toasty in your guest room. I am pleased you enjoyed our central location, and hotel amenities.

We look forward to welcoming you back,

Reviewed 6 January 2018

This is the second stay here, and I like this establishment. The staff are friendly and efficient and always ready to make it a pleasant stay. I like the old fashioned look of the hotel, but with all the modern amenities. It's convenient to DuPont Circle which has many things I enjoy for shopping and dining. Don' t miss the patisserie ar the end of Connecticut at DuPont Circle

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi richardmT2559TI,

I am glad you enjoyed the service provided by our staff, the art deco style and up to date amenities. Thanks for coming back and we look forward to visit number three.

Cheers,

Reviewed 4 January 2018

This hotel really could have been a lot better than it was but honestly it was just a little above average. The Carlyle is located in a quiet area surrounded by homes and embassies. I was here for a birthday celebration and I was underwhelmed by my welcome, check in experience and cleanliness (or lack thereof) of my room, and the corridors.

I arrived at the hotel in time for wine hour and enjoyed some pre-dinner beverages. Once i got back after dinner, I noticed that the bathroom/shower was not really clean. After contacting the hotel, I changed to a different room. Interestingly enough, the bellman didn't assist me in carrying my luggage. Instead, he carried the plate of cupcakes and bottle of wine while I hauled a suitcase and 2 totes to my next room. Poor service.

I wasn't impressed with the room, nor the room temperature. My room was really hot but "the air conditioner was off for the season" (in November) so the solution to cool my room from the upper 70 degree range was to open the window! Really? Not cool.

There are numerous Kimptons in DC from which to choose, but due to the general lack of service (except for the one Manager who was very nice), inattention to detail when it comes to cleanliness and just not feeling the Kimpton Love, I will not return to this hotel.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Thomas_Fraher, General Manager at Kimpton Carlyle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2018

Hello cruisermeg,

I am sorry we missed the mark with your arrival, the cleanliness of your room and the service provided by our bellman. I'm pleased you received excellent service from one of our managers. Your feedback will certainly assist us in improving our service.

Regards,

Reviewed 4 January 2018

This Kimpton was convenient for visiting friends and sightseeing. The rooms were perfect for our visit--comfy, quiet and good wifi. We didn't eat at the hotel but the restaurant Riggsby looked very good. The environment of Dupont Circle can be noisy but the hotel is just off the circle in a lovely tree lined neighborhood. We used the hotel bikes daily over three days. The bikes needed a bit of attention but we found the staff tried to help fix the problem. The bikes get beat up by people who may not know how to use them.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Aloha FlorafromHawaii,

I am pleased you enjoyed your accommodations and quiet but central location. I'm glad you had the opportunity to use the complimentary Public bikes, and sorry they weren't putting their best wheel forward.

We look forward to welcoming you back,