“A Great Staff!”

Ranked #50 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Aurora, Nebraska
“A Great Staff!”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I had an enjoyable stay at the Carlyle Suites. While at the hotel, I received an email with attached documents that I needed to print, complete, scan and email back. I read this email around 10pm. David helped me to complete the task by setting me up with the desk laptop, allowing me to print through the office printer and then bringing his personal scanner out to scan the documents so I could email them. I very much appreciated David’s help with this and If I return to D.C. Carlyle Suites will be the one I call.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank JWSchneider

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
  • Arabic first
NY,NY
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We found this hotel on TripAdvisor and decided to stay b/c of all the great reviews. I agree with most of them but there are a few cons that I will discuss later.
Pros:
The hotel is in a great location in DuPont Circle right on Embassy Row. It is pretty safe area I am assuming b/c of all of the police patrolling the area. There is a tiny parking lot but if you happen to stay over a wknd there is enough on street parking in the area. The rooms are pretty large but beware if your room is near the elevator b/c it is quite noisy. The elevator itself makes alot of noise going up / down. The hotel is close to the metro and all of the museums, National Mall, etc are only a few stops away. There are great restaurants in the area ( actually right around the corner) Floriana and Agora ( on 17th St). There are also convenience stores, liquor stores, etc close by as well. The breakfast buffet is reasonably priced at $11.95 during the wk and the patio with the skylights (indoor) is super cute and cozy. The bar is very retro and fun. Great place for a drink.
Cons: We went to DC for a special occasion and noted it on our reservation beforehand so we could possibly get an upgrade depending on availability. I called ahead to confirm this and the mgr said they would definitely accomodate us. Upon check in, we informed the front desk clerk of our note on the reservation and our special occasion. She said there was availability but she would have to check with a manager. The Manager on Duty (MOD) was not available at the moment but she would get back to us. The Front desk clerk said she would give us the best room in our category with a great view in the meantime. We thanked her and went to our room. To our surprise, we walked into a stale smelling ( must have been a smoker in a non-smoking room) room with a view of a brick wall literally! We went back and our room was changed to one by the elevator with a partial view of a brick wall this time and the washington monument in the background( if you leaned out the window to see it that is) The manager on duty still was not to be found. We were told if we didnt get an upgrade that nite, we would get one the next day. We enjoyed a great dinner in the area and the sights as well. The next day we inquired about an upgrade again with a different front desk clerk and were told the manager is not available and she would get back to us definitely with an upgrade. Needless to say, after following up for the THIRD TIME, the manager nor the upgrade never materialized. I am not sure if the manager was really unavailable or if the front desk clerks just couldnt be bothered b/c they were busy with other guests. This was the most disappointing part of the trip for us. Oh, just one more recommendation, breakfast ends at 11:00 am and yes even on wknds! If you get to the buffet after 10:15 there will be slim pickings and they dont refill the buffet stations. This was our experience on Sunday.
Overall it was a nice stay but not sure I would stay again b/c customer service is key and not sure if there was a bigger issue it would be handled properly. Thanks!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank michygal05
Martinsville, NJ
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I stayed at Carlyle Suites Hotel over this past President's Day Weekend, February 17 - 20. It was my fourth visit to the hotel, located an easy six-block walk from my daughter's condo. The hotel is always clean and quiet. The beds are very comfortable. I love the little kitchenette in every room. The Keurig coffee maker makes great coffee. The breakfast buffet has a huge selection, and eggs/omelettes can be made to order right in front of you. They are always well stocked with morning papers. The front desk staff has always been polite and friendly. The few times I have had a problem with the refrigerator or the clock radio, the maintenance man appeared immediately and fixed the problem. This is not a hotel which has a gym, a pool, a store; but it is small, quiet, clean, friendly, and located in a very nice neighborhood close to Dupont Circle, with very reasonable prices. I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are bigger and very nice.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank BCiampor
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 February 2012

The employees of this hotel are incredible friendly and helpful! Traveled a lot but seldom experienced something like this... The room was just what we needed and the view was very nice. The only thing reason why I don't give 5 points is that the wall/ ceiling could be freshly painted (paint was peeling)...

outer banks
Reviewed 21 February 2012

This was our second stay at Carlyle Suites. What a great hotel! Free Parking ,yes Free Parking in DC it is almost unheard of! Though limited, we've always found a space. The location is perfect , being in Dupont Circle gives you lots of food options in walking distance or just hop on the Metro. We will be returning!